Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Tuesday

A  day of errands

still results of  DNA test not in.

A stop in my favorite Thrift Store
and spotted this flower pot. 
Unbelievable. buy

So heavy, helper had to carry and put in the car for me.


will come in handy
when plants are brought inside
before Winter arrives

They love an upstairs room
heat rises and when watered
they really grow

Shool has started
oh my seems Summer went by so quickly.


5 comments:

Friko said...

Well, if you are still buying things you can’t be quite as despondent as you said in your previous post.
Another good thing is that you enjoy your food and always think of interesting dishes. Yes, we are all dying, but we don’t have to live in misery today because we may die tomorrow. Chin up, old girl. I am trying my best to follow my own advice.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Friko, your words make me smile.
I needed to make a delivery to my daughter in the big city. Trying to save her a trip to my home. Busy she is with 2 teenagers.
It was done, a driver and I but still not up to par.
I truly push.

MsGraysea said...


What a lovely flower pot! Indeed, it will make a beautiful receptacle for something to brighten your winter.

Glad you got out. It does seem to make such a difference.

Pienosole said...

I’ve been looking for a few ceramic pots for inside plants. You just gave me the idea to check out thrift shops. 🙏🏻 Hope your DNA test results come soon. I’m cherishing these days of August. Always wish summer was longer here in the north. Thanks for writing your posts. Sending a big hug. 🤗

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, I would love to go back to that shop
a week-long sale, but would need a driver.
This shop is an upscale neighborhood
Everything donated to them
is beautiful. Never thought I would be a fan of this shop.