Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Beautiful Day

Beautiful sunny day
not like Easter Sunday in the past
where I cooked, baked, a big table full, new outfits for all and church
but it was still a wonderful day.

My Jamie and family stopped by, wanted to bring me a plate of food but I was fine.
On the way to her motherinlaws for dinner,  maybe I should have pushed myself with cooking
not up to it
and did not.

Brought me an Easter Basket, just what I need the chocolate bunny, will eat it all and maybe
gain a pound.

May everyone
reading this
have memories
of a wonderful day
like mine.

9 comments:

Nan said...

I'm happy you had such a nice day!!

Marcie said...

I loved reading about your day. Ours was quiet. I took a morning excursion with a dear friend and then walked alone on the Lake Michigan beach this evening. We are doing our family gathering next weekend. In the meantime, thank you for sharing yours!

Val said...

Sweet basket, sweet family. ♥ 'Glad you had a good day, Ernestine.

Gemma's person said...

Happy Spring !

Tabor said...

Our Easter is without family these years. They all had other places to be.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, the same here.

Sallysmom said...

I understand. Many of us don't have Easter like we used to.

Joared said...

Easter very different for me, too, from when I was young. Had Easter egg hunts for my kids when were young.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your Easter basket was pretty. I still enjoy celebrating Easter with family, but I sure miss the days when our kids were young and the Easter bunny had me hiding eggs for our kids, and then our grandson. This year Easter Eve night the moon was so bright here. It brought back memories from years ago of me being out in the yard before dawn hiding Eggs for our kids by the light of the moon.

This year my daughter wouldn't permit our grandson to eat any of his Easter basket candy from us for fear he would spoil his appetite. She was right, it probably would have. He's 9 now so he has outgrown the Easter Bunny. I don't think I ever did. When i was a child. my cousins and i would make a game of hiding eggs and searching for them all of the way up until the month when lightning bugs started appearing. No video games way back then.

Oh how I wish I could send you a few of my pounds to you along with this comment.

Take care. Happy Spring!