Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Beautiful Day

A perfect day
sun shining, 80 degrees, so what more could you ask for?

Grass man arrived early after a special neighbor brought a dozen fresh eggs from her chickens, the lawn looks great, now if the young man who went to school with my youngest daughter will arrive and weed flower beds all will be perfect.  He has helped in the summer at homes for 20 years.

A Hummingbird checked out the feeder and wish I had my camera in hand,  last year they were so skinny when arriving and this one was fat and so colorful.   Tried to do research online but no luck.

Could not reach my helper for errands so I took off, I drive fine but have to be careful getting out of the car.   All was fine and everywhere I go in this local town there is someone to help me if needed.
Love it here passionately with a 40 plus year history.

Hair washed, market visited and back home'
Wanted to browse Lowe's but weary and could not chance it.

Lunch on my deck, felt like I was on a vacation.

I bought a Spring Roll.  When I go to the counter and order the Shrimp and Avocado, the young man makes it fresh one for me.   At home, it is almost like a small salad and I thaw a few more Shrimp from
my freezer to add to my meal.   Also, avocado and spinach dip with cracker and my ice tea.

Son would frown but cut a slice of carrot cake from the freezer and a big glass of milk.

A meal at 1:00 and then a snack in the evening usually my pattern but need weight gain and pushing another meal.

Have not weighed since doctor appointment a week ago, weighted last night and could have cried
with all of my increase in eating I  had gained only one pound.

After 2:00 and I crash, up at 5:30, I go from feeling wonderful to can hardly move, but then
do not rest in between.
Trying to learn a new way and not easy.

Now in my 80's and viewing many I truly think from 80 onward a lot happens.   But some it
does not.   I believe my body has just worn out, a never stopping person but would it have kept
so much from happening - I doubt it.

I look at this picture of me and my son in Spring of 2017, wishing for something similar soon.
After his departure and until recently I was on a decline
.   But today the best day in a long long time.

Image of two youngest granddaughter's
oh my,
they have changed so much.
Time is flying,

Everything is surfacing in the garden
I am so pleased and happy.
'

8 comments:

MsGraysea said...

How nice to find this lovely post today! You look so healthy and happy. Just in time to enjoy all that beautiful weather. It is still like winter here!

Thoughts are so often with you, Ernestine, and I do love that you have that yummy carrot cake!!

The best to you always,
Marcia

Judy said...

WOW! You sound so upbeat and spry. Is spry a good word? Makes us sound old I suppose, but when I have a spry day, it always makes me happy--they don't come as often now.

Joared said...

Sounds like a lovely day and glad you could be out and about to enjoy.

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so pleased you are having such a wonderful day and driving too!! Yay!!

We grab them and roll with them when we can.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you to everyone
for your encouraging words.
I am pushing
love this life
and over the last 2 years it has been changing.
So have to accept.

Suemn said...

Oh my gosh Ernestine... the picture of you and your son in 2017... you look wonderful! I have to tell you that you eat a lot healthier than I do. One of these days (Will it ever really come?) I hope to have the discipline to eat healthier foods more often:)

Carolyn Marie said...

I am delighted to hear that you are out and about by yourself! What a special day for you. No doubt having your son visiting makes you stronger. You make me smile Ernestine.

www.77yum.com said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.