Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, September 3, 2018

New Beginnig

It was a new beginning over 40 years ago,  a country setting in over a 100-year-old home
and I never looked back.  It was a change from the huge home in the busy city.

 I left several times but always returned to this land.
It is where I belong and Peace seldom leaves.  Miss much at this time of life, my continual gardening
and grooming I did of this land has changed, long walks in the woods and I miss it, but life changes in many ways and I remember these words
"Nothing Remains the Same."

Now for 10 years in a cottage which is all I need I built on this land and I can see the years old home  and barn I love from my window,
my gardens remain but smaller, need some help, continue to write and the camera is always with me.
So life continues really good just different.


September has arrived with more hot days.  When I hear a cricket in this cottage I will know
Fall has arrived

7 comments:

Judy said...

You did exactly what I wanted to do. Place my wee home on acreage out on the farm where I grew up. It almost happened for me...it DID happen for you and I am so glad.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, i Thank you for your words, continue onward and do all you can, it is not over yet.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Ernestine ~ I am really proud of you and always inspired by you.

Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady

Nan said...

I love it that you are still there. Just wonderful.

Sallysmom said...

Oh,my. You've been there 10 years?

Joared said...

Happy for you -- your pot of gold at the end of the rainbows pictured in your previous post.

Wisewebwoman said...

I love that picture, it looks like a painting.

XO
WWW