Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, November 6, 2017

Much Happening


For 40 years
every home I have lived in I planted Sage.   It was planted for Thanksgiving Dressing  I make.  Sage from the market
is horrible, what a difference fresh sage and all fresh herbs make, I love the scent.    Reading earlier today I learned of the medicinal
uses of fresh Sage.   So much I did not know.     The Sage plant by my deck was planted 9 years ago,
blooms in the summer and always in the Fall but some sprigs, place in water for the Fall cooking.
It is rapidly turning dark, steps from porch are wet, in the morning will take a picture of my Sage
and also pick a bouquet to put in the kitchen.

Recent picture  of son in Saigon, blesses me,

GD  Sarah arrives in another day to visit him and other areas in that country
picture of her last trip to that country...

A wet, 60 degree day and seems I stayed chilled most of the day.
 Over and over the thought comes to mind "what would I do without this computer
to keep in touch with my family"....

Planned on making Corn Chowder at noon today, looked in freezer a carton of Chili so will make the chowder tomorrow.   Did make a Waldorf Apple salad., instead of sour cream, which out of used
whole milk Yogurt - so good with sliced grapes, raisins, walnuts and a little crushed pineapple.

One of young granddaughter's now has a driving permit :)

7 comments:

Judy said...

I've heard of people burning Sage in their homes--to rid them of evil spirits or something. I know you don't have any evil spirits, but the sage might smell good.
Winter is coming closer and closer to us here--with the time change, it seems like it's dark nearly all day!!!

Pienosole said...

Herbs are amazing in their benefits and also add good taste to many dishes. Wishing you a warm, peaceful, and joyful day! :-)

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

PIENOSOLE, thank you, your comments always so meaningful to me :)
Judy, thank you and may do this, just in case something lurking here that does not need to be here :)

Marcie said...

I'm back! I was traveling. :)

I grow and LOVE my sage too. It is beautiful and so delicious. I use it in dressing and in certain soups. Since I am a vegetarian, it adds a sort of "meaty" savoriness to soups and stews.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Marcie, missed you
began to worry about you
Guess I have become your mother :)

Tabor said...

What a special montage of family. So much fun to see what we leave for the world to cherish as much as we do Both of these people look so solid and intelligent and adventurous. That is what I would like to leave my children, the ability to drink it all in.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Tabor, my children and grandchildren are all solid, intelligent and very adventurous.
Not like mom that wants to stay in her peaceful surroundings.
But then I was like them in many ways at their age :)
and again
what would I do without my computer where they stay in touch with me and share pictures.
I cannot leave the planet
until my 2 young granddaughter's are older
they may top them all :)