Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Molasses Cookies

My special neighbor, every Wednesday brings in my local paper, that is tossed out by mailbox and every other week brings me
 a dozen fresh eggs from her chickens and I pass on my Sunday New York Times.   This morning
she brought me 3 Molasses cookies, so good with my tea.  Had forgotten this recipe, she shared
with me a year ago I made them and may have posted but cannot find.

Recipe is on the Molasses bottle..

1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of vegetable shortening (I use butter)
1 cup if molasses
1 large egg or 2 small ones

2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp of ginger
1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of granulated sugar

combine sugar and butter, beat until light and fluffy
add molasses and egg
combine flour and spices, stir with a whisk
add sugar and flour, beat a low speed
cover and freeze for 1 hour

lightly coat hands with cooking oil and shape ingredients into 1 inch balls
place on cooking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray
375 for 8 minutes, cool on wire racks

recipe on bottle shares of dipping dough lightly in water and dipping in sugar
I DO NOT DO THIS

Makes a lot of cookies
like 4 1/2 doz
next time Jamie and family visit
will make
also pumpkin bread
or if I can sooner will make
want to share with my special theraphist
his last day today
will miss him.   Hopefully returns first of year.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I can remember when Medicare would pay for physical therapy over the year--if it were for different parts of our body. Now, I find that Medicare will pay for only a certain number of visits and then done. If we have another area that needs work--we have to wait until the new year.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Judy, you are so right. Visits have stopped, unless I fall again or emergency :(

Rebecca said...

I could almost TASTE those cookies just reading that recipe! Yum!

Tabor said...

I am glad that you have such a nice neighbor, especially one who brings food!

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Rebecca, going to try this weekend and bake :)
Tabor, she tells me her husband says she sends such a small amount
and she replies "she does not eat much"