Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, October 26, 2015

Peaceful Sunday and Monday begins

Was such a peaceful Sunday with an all day sprinkling of rain.

As day began
I brought a few more items inside for Winter rest, out the gravel drive for paper, Sunday N.Y. Times
always so good,
inside before beginning Yoga, candles are burning, incense burning,
I glance around the room and everywhere I looked I see beauty.   Worn items, some need dusting,
but each brings back a special memory.
Callie watches me as I go through a simple routine
I glance to my right and see the opened book
where my son placed it and encouraged me to do do this relaxing pose
several times daily.   I do manage once, if I do more have the thought am I being lazy.
Monday beginning
and someone is coming later in the week to this property to install new seal and front window
in old truck, $150 and have nothing to compare it too, but coming here and said it would take
about 1 1/2 hours.   So seems reasonable to me.  A good day later on with no rain on that day.

Early, like 6:00 AM, did some ironing.   Not many like me, I love to iron especially when
it is raining and ironing board stays up all the time in storage room on loft area.

Neighbor who grooms dogs just picked up Callie, she is shedding really bad and do not like..

With all the light and continuing showers, I may spread some grass seed that is on hand this
afternoon even if it is raining....

So life continues on
for One Woman who lives at the edge of the woods...

4 comments:

Tabor said...

I always like stopping by as it is very cozy and peaceful at your place.

lejmom said...

I agree...I check every day for a new post. You asked about me in the last comments. I have been reading your blog for a very long time...just do not comment much! I am younger than you are...only 68. I retired 2 years ago and am learning to appreciate the beauty around me and to lead a simpler life. My husband is 72 and still working. We have been married 48 years. We have 3 grown sons and 6 grandchildren. My husband is a teacher and coach. I so enjoy your way with words, it is like reading poetry most of the time. You are an inspiration to me, and I thank you for that. Not sure how I first found you, but glad I did!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

lejmom, you bless me on this rainy day
so many times have the thought
I write without thinking
so my children and grandchildren know what I am doing and thinking
Thank you for your kind words....
Tabor, please continue to stop by :)

Judy said...

I can tell you from experience, $150.00 for that job is not only reasonable, it is waaaaay cheap! Great. We are hoping for a good amount of rain on Wednesday and Thursday. We are nearly 4" short of normal rain fall and I know, if we don't get a good amount of rain in the fall, my Lilac and Forsythia bushes won't be as full and pretty next spring.