Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Did Not Plan And Special Image Received

Did not plan on writing this early morning
keep having thoughts of turning computer on later in the day
and writing less.
Seems it has just not happened.

"I am amazed at the rainbow of feelings that can overtake
me in the span of a week, or, even a day.
I can swing in the clouds, full of confidence and competence and,
in short order, slide onto the ground, bereft, lost, in my
capacity to grapple with life."

Reminded that life is a continuous process of being born,
innocent awkward and new; of learning and growing and spreading one's wings;
then falling and flailing and rising again."

Words in part from - Ellen Hamilton 
in an entry this morning from
http://www.elderwomenmusings.com/

I always recognize her words
even before I see her name
and always relate to them...

Her words this early morning speak to me in a deep way.

On a positive note
in my mail this early morning
I received
an image of my granddaughter
who is visiting my son
in Thailand.

Needless to say I was pleased....
Thankful
she arrived safely
and
wish I was there :)

15 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Very good post this morning, giving me food for thought as I sip my coffee, not quite awake, still dark out.

Lovely photo of your son and granddaughter.

Have a nice day today Ernestine, think on all of the lovely and positive things. Let the unlovely and unpositive things drift away.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Pienosole said...

I too can relate to these words. Thank you once more for sharing.

Tabor said...

I think we are all surprised that we still find ourselves on an emotional roller coaster as we age. I think we just notice this more because we have more time to think about ourselves and we are not rushing off to an errand.

Sallysmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sallysmom said...

Ernestine, somehow you need to go to Thailand. Would Jamie go with you?

lil red hen said...

Yes, Ellen has such a way with words; thanks for sharing this one.

Balisha said...

Things often seem impossible during my night time thoughts, but at light of day...I feel like I can do most anything.
I think this "rainbow of feelings" as you call it is quite common for us as we age.There are so many hours in the day to think.. when you live alone.
That's the beauty of blogging...it's always there for us to write our thoughts and feelings and by "putting it down"...helps us by letting us read back what we have written and sometimes by doing just that....it can help the situation.
Blogging helped my when my son died...don't know what I would have done without it.
Balisha

Judy said...

Oh my--that quote is certainly like me! Nice to know that I am not the only one that feels this way--sometimes I think I am. Nice picture--what a great adventure for her.

Wisewebwoman said...

Yes, I'm there. We should all have coffee together.

PS Lovely photo.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Pienosole, sallysmom, Charlotte, Balisha, Judy, thank you
WWW, sounds great.
Tabor, I still stay way to busy
this morning left at 7:45 for dental appt and 4 other errands.
Mind a blank, so today no thoughts of "me" :) Wonder at times is there anything else I can stop doing - not gardening at the moment but just seems life is busy at this time...

thewiildmagnola said...

I know you don't like to slow down or be limited. I think that is true for anyone. Most of us are not as active as you.

The tide will turn again for good. I believe this. Keep the faith, keep on the path, doing what you know best.

((hugs))

prayers.



thewiildmagnola said...

The family picture is a comfort to you. I too, think you should go to Thailand. Just sayin'>

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, thank you
and so glad you have returned
with your special words
and images.
Take care of Sandra :)

Susan said...

I can totally relate to your post. That is a nice picture too. Feel better soon in that is possible.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love that picture!