Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Special Words and Thoughts

In part from a special young friend  "Aisling."
whose words I read this morning.

Life is a maze, full of twists and turns,
false starts and dead ends,
spiraling out away from the center of things
and I always want to be flowing in towards the heart....

Words go over and over in my mind this early morning.

A night that is usually not as comfortable as the day
and I sometimes have thoughts
of much.

But then this early morning with doors wide open,
dawn breaking, the view of mist,
the sound of geese overhead,
 the wonderful scent of the woods
and something blooming
I stand on the deck looking out into the woods
and in my heart
I know
I can never leave this place.

It is a dream come true
and the peace within is so deep
there are no words to share.

It is going to be a good day
and that is wished to all
who visit
my simple words....

11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely, inspiring post for this new day.

May your day be a good one.

Thank you ~ FlowerLady

Sallysmom said...

Thank you for such beautiful words and for sharing from Aisling.

Pienosole said...

Thank you! The beginning of your day is inspiring. I wish you continued beauty and peace on this day.

Marcie said...

Beautiful post, Ernestine. Thank you for "quoting" me. Sending love!

the wild magnolia said...

Life is good and we are grateful.

Happy Saturday Ernestine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Sallysmom, Pienosole,
Aisling and Sandy,
thanks for visiting :)

Judy said...

Of course you will never leave there! And, when the time comes and you make your last journey--some of you will remain there, in the woods, always and forever!

Balisha said...

Nighttime thoughts are so different than daytime thoughts.Problems in our stage of life are often exaggerated at night and then when we awaken...we find that things are not so bad.If we could just find a way to turn off those night time thoughts.One way I've found is to get up and have a small glass of milk and a cookie...then go back to bed and fall asleep again. Seldom have those thoughts then.
Daytime finds us busy and enjoying the world around us....
Balisha

MsGraysea said...

Very beautiful and thoughtful words to start my day. Heading off for a few day in Vermont, and I will take those thoughts along.
Thanks!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Balisha and Marcia, :)

Sharon said...

Mornings like yours are such gifts ~ the quote is lovely and so is Aisling's blog. Thank you for sharing.