Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, August 12, 2013

Clothesline Memories and Nantucket

 Beth sent an image and said this reminded her of her mama.
I like it and it made me smile.
Yes, many many a basket of laundry put on the clothes line over the last 50 plus years
but not much at this time - still use line but not often :)
Can remember with babies and in the winter the clothes and diapers would freeze on the line.
Also my hands stayed chapped (used no diaper service and wonder did they even have it then)

Those wire forms put in their father's khakis (when dry they looked like they had been ironed - jeans not wore at that time ) sure was no pleasure putting those forms in and hanging on  line
Wonder does anyone use them anymore?


Images continue to be received
 I enjoy them
Oh, how I miss fresh seafood...



My special daughter
enjoy this time....

 

9 comments:

lil red hen said...

I still hang out the jeans; drying insides makes them feel limp and like they can't withstand the farm dirt. Years ago I used the wire forms and remember what a chore it was to get the legs straight in them.

It's very nice that your daughter is keeping in touch!

Friko said...

I don’t know about those wire contraptions for shorts. We didn’t have them in Germany but there are English comedians who still use them for comic effect.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, I remember well :)
Friko, stay well thoughts being sent your way...

Sallysmom said...

Great pics!

kerrdelune said...

How I love this post, and the image of the sparrow on the line was wonderful. Hope you are well...

the wild magnolia said...

The little sparrow is darling!

I do remember the pants wires.

Pictures have the power to hold memories.

I love pictures.

Hill Top Post said...

Great pictures...especially love the bird and clothes line. I know the pants stretchers all too well...been there and done that.

Laura said...

looks like they are having a wonderful journey... how lovely that you can join them through photographs in this digital age:-)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallysmom, Cate, Sandy, Mary and Laura, thank you for visiting...