Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fogs Continue And Last Night So Simple

Early morning fog continues
and looking at the now neat Soybean field brings pleasure.
Pleasant day predicted

Wanted something different to eat
a lot meals from my garden lately.

At grocery bought a pound of lean ground beef
could freeze or
just in case I wanted to make spaghetti sauce it was on hand.

Sometimes I make the sauce with 1/2 ground pork or 1/2 ground turkey
they were not on hand and just used the ground beef before putting freezer.

Simple

simmer meat slowly
add
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 chopped green pepper from my garden
how I wished I had fresh tomatoes from my garden - did not
so - small can of tomato sauce
after meat was done
an addition of a little water
as it was cooking

then an addition of a mixture
of parsley, basil and thyme from my garden
plus 2 cloves of garlic

simmered slow for about an hour
and ladled on whole wheat spaghetti
and covered with the best Parmesan cheese
that I grated on it.

It was good.....
Tasted better to me then what the local Italian restaurant serves.

Have enough for today and maybe freeze a container.....

9 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

Very similar to my recipe, maybe add some oregano which is a healthy herb also for the lungs.

Wish I could have joined you!

XO
WWW
PS Lovely evocative photos.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, had some oregano in jar but guess I wanted to add fresh :)
Need to grow some. Wish you were near..

Balisha said...

Sounds a lot like my recipe. Now I'm hungry for pasta. We bought a lot of different kinds of pasta with no wheat, for Joe. I am finding that I really like this. It's made with corn and gives a little different flavor to the pasta.
I'll have to try it with sauce later this week.
Have a nice evening...
Balisha

Sallysmom said...

Sounds delicious. Good for you that you are eating more.

Judy said...

I was thinking of making spaghetti sauce just yesterday, but will wait when I make the many quarts required for Christmas gifts to the big boys in my family. Love the pictures of the fields of beans, corn, wheat--reminds me of home.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I enjoyed seeing your lovely tranquil field and fog pictures. The spaghetti sauce looks delicious.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, :)
Sallysmom, yes my appetite has been good for a number of weeks and even gained 2 lbs :)
Judy and Susie, :)

Sharon said...

Oh, I like the photos of fog. I will have to try your sauce - spaghetti is my husband's favorite:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon it was good
if I had oregano growing in my
herb pots - would have used some..