Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Loaded Quiche

Over the last several months I have tried quiche from our local tea room and Farmer's Market.
Seemed to me
they needed more in them.

With no recipe to follow
made this up
and put a lot in it.
Will make lunch and evening meal
easy for today and tomorrow.

Filling
1 1/2 cups frozen spinach - thawed and drained well
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms.
1/2 chopped red onion
1 cup of chopped Swiss cheese

Folded this into
4 beaten eggs
1 cup of half and half

Poured into a 9 inch deep pie shell

Sprinkled some Ceddar cheese on top

Baked 350 for 45 minutes

My Jamie just called
and I shared this with her.
Her remark "that sure seems rich."

So will see how it gets along with my stomach :)

Took an image before I cut into it..

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This looks and sounds delicious. Left overs will be nice too. You mentioned making a pizza for yourself being too much. But, you can freeze portions then just bring them out when you feel like some and heat them up. :-)

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Lynn said...

Perfection!

Balisha said...

Yum...I'll have Jamie's piece :)
Balisha

Dawn said...

I made quiche today too, but I have to call it breakfast pie for my boys!! I sauteed my mushrooms and onions before putting into pie, the caramelized taste seems to add to the flavor, didn't use spinach, but half a can of green chilies, and mixed parmesan cheese in with 5 eggs with a splash of low fat milk. They will have polished it off by tomorrow night!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

flowerlady, Lynn, Balisha, thank you. Next time might not use all 1/2 and 1/2 was a little rich. But I welcome the calories. Dawn, thank you for commenting and the ideas. I checked your blog and love your sharing. My daughter lives in Tampa...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Can't seem to get into my blogger post :( need to correct spelling on cheddar..

Beverly said...

It looks delish! Hope it goes easy on the tummy!

Wisewebwoman said...

I put spinach in my lasagna too, it is incredibly delicious.
I would have shared the quiche with you!
XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly and Wisewoman, thank you for visiting..