Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, September 28, 2012

Everything Changes - Nothing Remains The Same

 
Early morning image of  green leaves
as I look out over the woods.
Tree I spotted as I headed to town for errands
the leaves have begun their beauty.

Everything changes
Nothing remains the same.
More aware of these words
as times goes on and I grow older.

Past thoughts that I would have
arrived in these later years,
 taken care of past issues,
giving myself what I need
and not expecting it from others
and
ready for a fairy tale existence
is not arriving and probably
will not :)

You do all you know to do
and there is a deep peace and
I read somewhere that peace
within yourself is
true happiness.

One Woman  is changing
family is changing
friends are changing
weather changes
The world is changing.

So you accept this,
put one foot in front of the other,
do not look back
and continue onward



Some words  from Perma Chodran's book are.......

~~People need to see that if you hurt another person, your hurt yourself, and if you
hurt yourself you are hurting another person
and
then begin to see that
we are not alone.
We are in this life together.
for me, that's where the true
morality comes from~~

Perma Chodron is an American Nun living in Nova Scotia ~~ words from ~~ No Right, No Wrong~~



16 comments:

Lynn said...

“Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different....”

by C.S. Lewis

sharon said...

is this 2 poems or a poem and quote?..and who is the author?..and may I borrow if I give credit...because this is meaning full to me thank you

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, so right...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon, the first words are just my rambling and what I feel.
The last words from Perma Chodron's book "No Right, No Wrong"

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I loved your thoughts about changes and the photo is wonderful.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

We are all part of the circle of changes.

Beverly said...

Hope you have a nice weekend! I always say....of course I did not say it first.....The only thing constant is change!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, Tabor and Beverly, thanks for visiting..

Hill Top Post said...

Love your thoughts on change...made me stop to think. The key, I think is to keep ones eyes on the road and not look back (maybe just a little).

Balisha said...

Just think how many changes we've seen in our lifetime. Some for the good and some not so good....but I think that the good wins out in the end.I always say,"live with it awhile and see what happens." We have to greet changes with an open mind. Just "go with the flow" for the most part...or we can make ourselves miserable.
Balisha

Pienosole said...

Yes, indeed! I too read and listen to Pema Chodron, who has brought me greater understanding, insight, peace, and a few laughs as well.
Happy Sunday.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, Balisha
and Pienosole
thanks for visiting...

nancy at good food matters said...

such a lovely post to read on this rainy morning. Look at how brilliant the autumn colors are---already present in your part of the world.

Pema Chodron is a shining soul.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nancy, thank you - you reminded me of pimento cheese with your morning post. Need to make...

Laura said...

beautiful dear E...so very beautiful and wise.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My dear Laura, thank you :)