Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Still

It is totally still outside
over 100 degrees on  deck this afternoon
leaves are falling
Rain
you and this quiet time
 needed
No birds
one lone butterfly spotted
and this huge spider on the deck.
Wonder

should I move you?
Just opened the front door
many birds
eating my recently
like this morning
sown
turnip green seeds :)

6 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I'm still pulling for the turnips, they are a favorite.

There is still beauty even in the intense stillness and heat.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

The spider has such beautiful colors! What a grat picture.
Love
Beth

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, thanks for visiting.
My Beth
Just transported the spider to the woods. It is so big and surely do not want anyone to suffer a spider bite.

Judy said...

Is that a Wolf spider? I hear they can bite. Good that you moved him--he belongs in the woods.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, just identified him online.
A good spider that eats insects.
I found his size alarming and just gave him another home :)

MsGraysea said...

The spider is a wonder of nature and they are friends of our environment. You captured it beautifully.
Wondering if you are getting the rain from the tropical storm....I saw it was moving toward TN.
Your posts always touch me with their beauty and honesty.