Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain - Rain and More Rain

I drove to the country early this morning. Was necessary as it has been almost a week and I needed to go by the paint store and had several other errands. So I headed down the highway in my pickup with briefcase full of papers and lunch and snacks in my small cooler. My colors are nature colors and a simple pallet.

Very pale green, light blue in the bedrooms. Kitchen will have natural wood cabinets with a shade of green. Great room, balcony upstairs an antique white and foyer and stairwell a light caramel color. I want the inside of this small home to almost seem like you are outside. I can visualize it now, Spring and Fall with the vivid green and colored trees seen from every window.
Also all my old furnishings and rugs will blend in nice with these colors.
I will have to close my eyes and visualize the winter with these colors.

The painters were painting the ceilings and trim. I told them the minute they start applying paint to the walls I have to be there to make sure of my selections.

Mud - Mud - Mud is everywhere. The gas line that was scheduled last Friday is on hold.
The crop field in front cannot be prepared and planted until the earth is not Mud.
Grass that was trimmed on the road and coming up the drive - 3 weeks ago - is a foot high.
My woods that a few weeks ago I could stand and see for a distance now looks like a dense forest. My walking paths will have to be trimmed.

But everything is going well. Even the dozen Azaleas and Rhododendrons that are sitting in their pots have been watered by the rainfall.

I received a call from my doctor. What I knew in my heart and had the thought "maybe I am wrong". Heart monitor showed nothing. All test revealed a healthy aging lady. But "stress" I do not handle to well. I think I am resting, eating healthy, exercising and meditating - but the mind goes nonstop. Plus with grown children, grandchildren - it seems I take too many issues to heart.
So, I was once again warned if I do not pace myself and just not take some issues to my heart that upset me - I will damage this heart.

I am thankful for the good report and I will try. This is not a new occurrence but I am older.
Enough said.

Tomorrow I will stay in the city and try and tidy this garden. Many of my flowers are hanging their heads and my rose bushes are almost on the ground. I know several days of sun and everything will perk up.

Monday happenings from One Woman

9 comments:

Tabor said...

I can see your happiness in selecting the paint scheme for your house and I should have remembered to tell you about mother nature and her whims when you build a house! There is always mud...no matter what season you chose to build.

Beverly said...

You and I wrote about this last week to each other. Stress raises your cortisol level and that, simply put, makes you sick....glad you are tending to yourself. When in the city, close your eyes, imagine yourself in the country. It will be here before you know it...

mermaid said...

The colors are soothing, the heart still. Let the mind keep running. You are doing everything you can to keep the heart still.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Beverly and Mermaid, thank you for your comments. You are special to me.

Cloudhands said...

I love the feel of calm and comfort the colors you are choosing will give you in your new home. The idea of blending inside with the natural world outside makes so much sense. If you figure out how to totally release you worries you will have conquered inner space. We all struggle there. I often think I have it under control and then there it is-- a dragon in my heart, devouring my peace of mind. I can banish it, but I have to become very still. Meditation is my solution.

Judy said...

Your paint scheme sounds lovely. I can imagine it all in my mind. It has rained here going on two weeks. I need some Vitamin D bad!
My yard is almost as tall as your driveway. Glad you got a good report from the doctor. I don't do well with stress either.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands and Judy, thank you so much for your comforting comments.
Yes, we know what to do - doing it that is the problem.

Nan said...

So very pleased to hear the heart thing is not a problem. And I can't wait to see the colors!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nan - thank you for commenting.