Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, July 4, 2019

Quiet 4th

Rain off and on
just me and the flowers/

New restaurants arriving in the close nearby by town
today a turkey and marvelous cheese panini arrived with broccoli salad, I need to start making this salad again and apple salad, easy and think I can handle that.   A friend made a Zapple pie, made like an Apple pie made with Zucchini instead of apples.   Can hardly tell the difference, thank you, Ann.

I miss my baking and cooking so very much and just cannot handle.
Miss the way so much was in the past but this is a part of aging.   Accept, I am not doing well at this.
I may sound good, but much going on and will not bore everyone with it and also have to have pacemaker checked soon.
Something does not seem right.    Never a person who went to doctors or took anything but vitamins.
A lot has changed and continuing too.  Like I keep repeating, do not like it, I am not aging or have
aged gracefully, but I like me.

Writing, my camera, books, and calls from family keep me going.   Some angels and other disagreements and learning to not to be the leader and Make no response - it is the best.

Some pictures from the past



12 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I also had a quiet 4th. The zapple pie sounds interesting.

You are finding joy in each day and that is an inspiration to me dear Ernestine.

FlowerLady

Pienosole said...

💕

Tabor said...

I am so sorry for those things you have to put aside. I am keeping hope that you will get better as the time goes by. I am so glad you still enjoy your food. A new nearby restaurant is always good news.

Wisewebwoman said...

I love all your pictures today, they are magical. Best advice I received years ago was "stay where your hands are." I find as I age I have to put a lid on my mouth more except with a trusted few friends. One friend at the moment is really under stress from her family as they are making all her decisions. She is so enraged but has to shut up and let it out on me and I don't mind.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, everything is changing
fine in many ways
ready for a change
but not all of it that is changing
Accept
as it is part of our journey.

MsGraysea said...

Ah, my old friend and foe, ACCEPTANCE. The same battle is within me, Ernestine. It is not always easy, and your continued honesty, in it all, is refreshing, although, I wish you peace with all you can.

The garden flowers are so beautiful....love those hydrangeas.

Rebecca said...

"learning to not to be the leader and Make no response - it is the best.". How wise. How difficult! 😏

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you to everyone
if ever I do not write for a few days
may return to the hospital
hate it.

Starzz said...

Beautiful photos Ernestine. My daylilys aren't open yet. Looking forward to them.

Judy said...

I too am in a not feeling well place.
I am so weary of all it takes just to get through a day.

kerrdelune said...

Love theses photos, Ernestine, especially the one of you!

kerrdelune said...

Sorry, my fingers are not working this morning!