Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Iris.Orchid and Wrap

Yesterday a friend made a special visit
and brought these
These Iris bloom twice a year
and last year she brought me bulbs,
one white, yellow and pink

Thank you
Polly...


Today has not been a good walking or balance day
a list of errands I wanted to do myself
and could not
it made me sad

So called my helper
to take me and help me in and out of vehicle

last on my list an errand to the market,
I have always wanted a yellow Orchid,
there it was
so I bought myself a gift.
the first new one I have purchased
all the others
were marked down
and I nursed back to their beauty
and several a birthday gift in the past.
They love to be where I do not want them to be - on my old chop block,  They thrive so in this
area that I dare not move them.

New expanded market has many new items including they make sandwiches.
So was the huge tomato wrap I instructed the young woman to put together.
Turkey, cheese, lettuce, spinach,  tomato, black olives, avocado, colored peppers, cucumber
light oil and vinegar, she wrapped, so big had it cut in 4 sections
and gave 2 sections to my helper of the day just $5.49.
So I hear...................................................................................................................................................
you look good
you sound good
you write good

but I am sad
as I am not
walking good
and told repeatedly
be careful.

Forgive me...

7 comments:

Mitzi said...

Tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there and count all your blessings.

Rebecca said...

I will not tell you that you look good or sound good, etc.
I WILL tell you that you instructed a beautiful sandwich
and grow beautiful orchids!
Oh....and those white iris are so very, VERY lovely...

Sky said...

I sooooo understand! I am feeling much like you right now due to pain and resulting immobility. So hard to accept being unable to do as I please. There will be better days ahead for us both, but having the patience and energy to get there is the big challenge. Sending love and good wishes. I want your ability to have blooming orchids. Ours live but have not bloomed in years proving my green thumb is limited!

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Sky, so sorry...
Rebecca and Mitzi, thank you for your kind words

kerrdelune said...

There are better days ahead for both of us, my friend, can't move much either, and I so miss long walks in the woods. Good friends and pots of tea, beautiful flowers and good healthy food help us on our way.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Cate, think of you daily...

Candace said...

That "balance thing" makes me feel OLD and DEPENDENT, I hate its fairly recent development. I bring the walker in and use it in the house(usually only an outside need) I tell myself that a broken bone is a slow and ugly way to linger or die.
Sorry to be blunt but I need to keep my reality in perspective and remember that there are far worse things than what my day has brought me.
Hoping your balance improves today! Perhaps yours is worse, like mine, because it is spring and even slight allergies make mine worse.
Peace and light to brighten your day.