Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, November 22, 2013

Wise Words

Do not fear failure
What happened in the past is past
Do not worry about it happening again
Before you meet with success
failure is natural and necessary.

If you never failed
you have never tried.

Master Sheng-Yen "Being Natural" 

Doing what I vowed not to do
turning on computer in the middle of the night
but the above words on "Trycycle"
 spoke to me...

Rain that is due
has not begun....

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Why have you vowed not to turn on the computer in the middle of the night? As long as you do not read the news...you should be OK.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, read somewhere this interrupted your sleep pattern and was not good for you. I always get up several times in the night and trying to just go back to bed but it is so tempting to turn my constant companion on
and get an idea and write :)

Judy said...

Turning the computer or TV on in the middle of the night interrupts your circadian clock because of the bright light emitted from these appliances and stimulates the brain to think it is daytime. I too am guilty of this very thing. Makes it harder to get back to sleep for sure.

Balisha said...

I think that we all fear failure of some kind in our lives. When we do fail...that's when we learn. Sometimes we don't do something new... because of that fear.Just think what we could miss out on because of it.As I age...I don't find many new things to try, but when I do...I tend to plunge in and give it a try without much fear of failure anymore. I guess old age makes us more comfortable with ourselves.
Looks like I could write a book on this :)
Balisha