Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good Words


Going through stacks of papers, notes and books this early morning.

A cold and sunny bright day
a perfect day for organizing paper work and reflecting on much I have underlined
in this mountain of books and articles that are in this cottage.

Here is a sample....

"All beings receive the fruits of their actions.  Their lives arise and pass away according to
the deeds created by them.  We can deeply care for them, but in the end
we cannot act for them nor let go for them nor love for them"

On this day

I choose to stay when I want to retreat
Choose to forgive when I want to condemn
Choose to love when I want to attack
Choose to hope when I want to doubt
Choose to stand when I want to fall........

and one more

On this day
I offer my gratitude for the blessings of this earth I have been given.
I offer my gratitude for the measure of health I have been given.
I offer my gratitude for the family and friends I have been given.
I offer my gratitude for the life I have been given...

8 comments:

Tabor said...

It takes effort to keep these things in mind...but they do make life effortless.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, good thoughts, I try and fail so often - thus life and learning...

Judy said...

A good job for a cold day. I sure miss not having the growing gardens to work in this time of year. The guy just left--there is nary one single dead leaf left on my lawn. The grass is still nice and green and looks great--as do the 7 bags of mulched leaves I did not have to rake.

Hill Top Post said...

Your underlined words tell much about you...someone who inspires so many!

Marge said...

Your entries are such a joy to read. I seldom if ever comment but can't semm to resist today!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Judy, Mary and Marge,
thank you.
Seems mind has gone blank on writing in journal.
Many thoughts and much reflections
will share soon...

Balisha said...

Precious words you have saved. Thanks for sharing...
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, as always
thank you..