Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Their Treasures

I sit and listen to their stories.
They take me by the arm to show me their rooms.
One is filled with her soccer trophies and closet has been rearranged.
The little one shows me her art work, one her very best friend made.
Her favorite stuffed animal that her papa gave her (grandfather).
She plays the piano for me and then quickly wants to show me her
clay creations.
They are good and I hold one and she asks if I want it?  I shake my head yes and
now it sits in my kitchen window.
Looks like a little heart in the center to me.
 
 

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh this reminds me of the times I used to spend with my little grandchildren. They're all grown up now and I don't see many of them anymore, but now and then a call comes that makes me happy.

Thank you for your comments today.

Mrs A said...

It is special being shown all the treasure, I'm in the process of this in NZ with family here...look at this, watch this, listen to this...lovely. Mrs A

Sharon said...

It's special that she wanted you to have a piece of her art, and you have the perfect place to showcase her heart.

Judy said...

The clay art is very creative--I see the heart too. The blue glass things you have keep taking my eye--I so love cobalt blue glass of any kind. Such a nice time you had.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Mrs A, Sharon and Judy, thanks for visiting and your special words..