Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 17, 2013

Memories

Memory
that puts a smile
on my face.

My youngest daughter
hugging her Snoopy
and now her daughter sleeps in this bed...

My cottage
and my children's homes
are filled with memories.

So many good ones..

If all of these old pieces of furniture
and photographs could talk
what stories they could tell...

5 comments:

Tabor said...

Memories become so important as we age, because I think we see how fast time goes and we like that pause that a photograph gives us.

lil red hen said...

What an adorable little girl!
I remember so much from my life, good and bad, but I can't see anything in my children's lives that they will remember; they lead such busy, busy lives. And the grandchildren? What will be to remember about cell phone calls and texting?

Sky said...

photos can spark such wonderful walks through our memories and bring us face to face with old joys once again. of course, sometimes those things we would rather not remember can slip in also, but i view those as reminders of how strong i became via the challenges i faced.

such a precious photo!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor and Charlette, :)
Sky, oh yes good words about
how strong we have become.
But wish at times I was stronger...

the wild magnolia said...

Great memories indeed. She is so cute here.