Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Short Visit if Computer Allows

Computer stays on an hour and then off again.  Hopefully soon normal as it is missed.

The month of April passed so quickly with family coming and going. A blessing to have most of my children and grandchildren in this cottage.                                                                                   

 My son left for his home
in Thailand yesterday evening and needless to say he is missed.  His constant reminder and gentle words telling his mother to walk slower, do less and to stop my lifetime habit of busyness was greatly appreciated.  I plan on morning and evening to include the special yoga restorative poses with my usual practice that he showed me how to do correctly.  Also it seems that with a different kind of
Winter that I did not do my walking as I have in the past.  Watching my family walk morning and evening on this visit encouraged me once again to begin this practice.  So it was started yesterday evening with a short walk of mindfulness steps...

A quote he sent me this morning I will share "What is most important is to find peace and to share it with others.  To have peace, you can begin my walking peacefully.  Everything depends on your steps."

Cataract surgery on Monday morning and my Jamie will be with me.  Having a problem with reading.  Would not have this procedure  done if this was not a problem as all other visual
issues are fine....

Sjogrens continues to cause  low energy and balance problems and do not like this as there is  much I want to do.
Gardens are flourishing and so are the weeds.

A few images to share

 
Part of family at the long table.  The first time I remember that I did not set it
with china and all the special serving pieces.  Everyone brought a dish
and this was the first time that mom/grandma did not prepare everything...

12 comments:

Sky said...

greatttt to hear from you and see the family pics. looks like you had a fabulous time with family. love lights the room. having your son there again must have been such a joy. will be glad when you get the computer repaired.

Ugich Konitari said...

Ernestine, maybe you need to change the SMPC (power supply ) of your desktop. I recognize this symptom of the thing working for a while and then switching off by itself.

Tabor said...

I wonder if your computer is getting too warm? Is it too old? Computers are difficult machines to diagnose. What a wonderful family you have. You are certainly blessed even with a dyslexic computer.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, computer is 2 years old and worked great - Verizon said I needed a new aircard, using and hopefully my problem vanishes.
Ugich, will check and Sky, as always thank you...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad you had such a wonderful visit with your family.

Take things slow and easy, that's what I keep telling myself too.

I hope your surgery goes smoothly.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Mrs A said...

What a lovely time you have had with your beautiful family...you all look so happy together! I agree with Sky, love does light up the room, all the glowing faces. You will miss them all so much but the memories are there aren't they. My daughter, nearly 40 with three young children has just dsicovered the 'slower but more' attitude, the 'work smarter, not harder'! I think we all need to do so, maybe us oldies are a bit more aware of it! Sometimes I wonder though! Good luck with the computer! Love, Mrs A

Sallysmom said...

Beautiful family pics that I know you will treasure forever.

Beverly said...

Such a wonderful family. Those girls are growing up so fast. I am going on a vacation to San Francisco wiht all my old work friends. I will email you when I get back.. I love you dear friend.....

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful family! Your home and gardens are just lovely...perfect time and place for your family to gather.

Wisewebwoman said...

Love the photos and the messages your son gave you.

Missed you on here, dear friend, but delighted to know you are well apart from those silly cataracts.

XO
WWW

lil red hen said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from the surgery. We'll be anxious to hear that all is well.

"Time is now fleeting ~ the moments are passing..." much too quickly.

Hugs...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Mrs A, Sallysmom, Mary, Charlotte, Wisewebwoman, dear friends thank you for visiting.
Beverly, safe travel and enjoyable time wishes sent to you - please stay in touch...
Computer on - who knows how long :)