Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring In The Garden

After a night of rain
I go out, wearing clogs

wrapped in an old overcoat
against the spring cold

water pours white
through the open dikes

peach blossoms glow red
beyond the willows

fields of new grass spread away
edged and checkered

poles rise from the wells
at the wood's edge

I go back in
to write at my small desk

evening arrives, I'm alone
happy among green weeds.

~Five Tang Poets~   Translated by David Young

3 comments:

mermaid said...

We find all beauty, all our answers in stillness and surrender.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri, so true - as always thank you for your words of wisdom...

Marcie said...

Love the poem, thank you!