Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday Morning

During the night decided to purchase larger mailbox.
So true that I am purchasing more from Amazon as it saves
time and cost resulting in more small boxes being delivered.
Present full time mail carrier is so kind but is also getting older
and in time I may have this substitute as the new one to deliver mail.

It is difficult for me to keep my mind settled.  Seems that my goal
for returning to a simpler life style has not happened.   I have continual thoughts
of what can I eliminate at this time.   Not making much progress and the to do
list just grows and grows.   Excited about Spring and want to try gardening in
more pots and adding some Kale, brussel sprouts and peas to my garden.

Also  at present time seems there is much
going on with my family.   I have made the statement for years about giving them
roots and wings and guess their wings are taking them everywhere.


One will arrive home this weekend from Africa and her mom thinks will be a life changing
experience.   Another arrives soon from Thailand, another leaves for Jamaica today.
Two grandchildren, one in Washington DC and another in New York still seeking career
opportunities.   One will be visiting next month from Florida and still another one
I am told is in Poland.  My youngest granddaughter will have a birthday next month
and it seems like yesterday she was born.  Over and over the thought arises, time is
going by so fast, will you just sit down and do nothing.....

All of this going on and the matriarch is concerned over finding someone to
install a new mailbox she will soon purchase.   Also has thoughts of trying to write
less on her journal or stop altogether.  As time goes on do not want to sound boring,
share more about aging and health and it seems that this may happen.   But then the
thought arises that this is how her children and grandchildren keep up with her.
Also very aware that many outside of family that read her sharing are younger
and there might be something worthy passed on.

Enough shared by one who was not going to write on  this early cold and rainy  morning....

11 comments:

Tabor said...

Age always means there is something of value to pass on to others. They may not listen but that never stopped me! Glad you got the bigger mailbox and I don't think you want to simplify to the point of living in a nunnery...so just go with the flow on your projects.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, you do not realize how much I value your opinion and comments.
No - not ready for a nunnery yet :)
have had thoughts but like you suggested I will just go with the flow. Do not anticipate anything slowing down for my children and grandchildren - I had better go with the flow :) that is the only way for me at this time...

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh don't stop, Ernestine, I love your posts, often in the same frame of mind as you.
Memories.
All we need is one word sometimes. Today mine was "coat".
XO
WWW

molly said...

Roots and wings---what we all want to give our children. But I wonder if we didn't fall down on the job, wandering around from state to state and twice overseas....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Wisewebwoman, welcome back - you have been missed. You inspire me:)
I did not need the addiction to online time with a busy past and trying to simplify in these last years. But it makes me smile...
Molly, just want them to know I am always here and hopefully rooted here by the woods - as they wing onward to their lives ")

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Please don't stop writing. You inspire me with your thoughts and ideas. We all age and we just have to do what we can, as we can, with what we've been blessed with.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Sallysmom said...

Please, no, do not stop writing and sharing. I check every day to see if you have posted something new.

Nancy said...

I also check in everyday. At 61, I seek out positive role models for aging gratefully and with purpose. I do appreciate the time it takes to post thoughtfully.

Judy said...

NO--please never stop writing on your blog. I have to read your words--so wise--so helpful--so, so, needed in my life!! You are now where I wish I were--in a small home in the woods. I live vicariously through your words and pictures. I need you!!!

mermaid said...

I often think the 'goal' to attain is to settle the mind, but smile when I remember that maybe the 'goal' is just to relax in a lazy boy recliner and watch my unsettled mind:)

Though you wish for stillness, there is still life to live, the mundane errands, etc. Perhaps there are many moments of stillness your body recognizes, but your mind doesn't.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri, thank you for your words of wisdom. You are always right pertaining to me and so special you are over the many miles.
Lorraine, sallysmom and Nancy,
Thank you.
Judy, wish you were closer...