Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Garden Inside

More years old then I can remember
and so root bound they are.
Begonia blooms every year at this time
and along with the Rabbits Ear Fern will in a few weeks
"hopefully" be on the screen porch.
As the months go by they will become so
healthy looking being close to nature.
Next winter there will be more potted herbs in this cottage and more herbs will
be frozen in ice cube container, removed and put in freezer bags in freezer.
Missed so many as I cooked this winter.   At the market there are pricey tiny bags
of herbs that I would never buy - they sure do not look fresh.  
Guess I have been spoiled with mine growing abundantly and so close for most
of the year.

Have enjoyed my Basil and Pineapple Sage. 
Surprising that Parsley, Thyme, Rosemary, Sage and Cilantro survived in the pots outside.
Chives and Dill have been missed.

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love your indoor garden. I have that same begonia, but mine is outside.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

the wild magnolia said...

i know what you mean about fresh herbs. when we settle i will at least grow my own herbs.

begonias are lovely.

so nice you can keep a special garden in your home.

wishing you a marvelous week!

molly said...

So true about those tired looking bags at the grocery store! I'm lucky in that The Bean,(youngest son,)has a magic touch when it comes to anything botanical and so I have fresh herbs year round---though with tonight's predicted chill, I'd better haul them inside!

Hill Top Post said...

I do love an indoor garden...seems to make the air fresher.

Judy said...

I love your inside garden--when I lived in the farmhouse, I use to have a large one in the east window. I really miss all the plants I had--no room now.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

My dear,

Of course I won't forget you. I am happy to see your "family" of plants.

They'll reward you so thoroughly for the unconditional love you give them.

All joys,

Sharon

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Sandy, Molly, Mary, Judy and Sharon, thanks for visiting.

MsGraysea said...

How lovely. The begonia is a treasure with the most beautiful leaves. I hear you about the herbs. I miss the fresh ones so much about now. I am waiting to see my chives and parsley begin to pop up fairly soon.