Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Not Quite The Orient Express

Just finished a conversation with my daughter who lives in Tampa.

What she shared I did not know existed.  Guess I have lived a simple lifestyle too long
and much I am not aware of.

My special grandson and his dad in Washington DC. apartment hunting.
They rode the train from Tampa  - something like 17 hours with car on the train also.

A number of places to look at and hopefully he can be settled before beginning his
new job.
A new chapter for this grandson and all the best wishes in the Universe I send to him.

Bear is growing and still in the picture, living in Florida with the parents of this young man.
Will be interesting to see how his future unfolds.

The image on the train is priceless and  I can hear his laughter over the miles....

Open house for new school in store for one little granddaughter  today, and another little one may
begin piano lessons soon.   Seems she is taking an interest in her mom's piano and playing
on her own....
Memories of those piano lessons.    When we moved to the country it was the only special
something that I could offer her.    Over 30 years later that piano sits in her home and her
youngest will begin to play.

Sharing on Sunday some of what  makes One Woman smile
as the lives of her loved ones unfold....

12 comments:

the wild magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the wild magnolia said...

Laughter across the miles, a picture stirs memory.

This is a good true story! The grands are special in their own way.

When I say there is a wide world out there for our grandkids I mean it. Whatever they are willing to work for, life is wide open. A staggering amount of life is ready to be plucked.

Traveling has helped me see so much, many different people, landscapes, towns.....each has a history. Knowledge is power. It is true. Power to do good.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, thanks for commenting. It will be interesting to see life unfold for these grandchildren.
Grandma's roots run deep here by the woods and has the desire of being around for a while to see their lives unfold.

Elsa Louise said...

The Auto Train. Offered by Amtrak, as I understand it, primarily along the East Coast. I have a friend in D.C. who used to put his motorcycle aboard and then ride down to a big festival in Florida. Saves driving the several hundred miles.

Good luck to your grandson in the District. It is truly a great city for experiencing adventures.

joared said...

How delightful to have that time with your grandchildren. My high school senior is on your coast far far away from me and the other in the midwest having entered this world only 18 mos. ago.

Sky said...

so good to hear bear is having a good puppy life! fabulous time in the lives of the grandchildren as new adventures begin. will have to check out the auto train - sounds like a great way to travel.

have been quiet but have checked in on you from time to time during the past couple of weeks so i stay current. we flew east for family medical emerg. poor prognosis so we will be back again soon. so much family business to handle right now. very stressful. oh, ernestine - it was hot, hot, hot while we were there. 106 one day! don't know how all of you stand it!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Elsa Louise, the train was a new discovery for me. Sounds great.
joared, thank you for visiting, yes these are special times.
Sky, I have had you on my mind a lot over the weeks and have missed your visiting. Thinking of you concerning family members...

Judy said...

I also have a piano residing in the home of my grandchildren--they took lessons on it, as did their mother when it resided in my home. So neat how things and traditions go on.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, makes me smile that my youngest likes the piano. Have a good day..,.

Lynn said...

I had took it up but did you know Agatha Christie wrote 91 books including those she wrote under the names of Mary Westmacott and Christie Mallowan and her autobiography. Have another wonderful day.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

That picture on the train is priceless!

I think piano starts after Labor Day. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, was not aware of what you shred :)
My Jamie, I can hear him laughing all the way to my woods :)