Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Heart Knows

There have been several weeks of a restless spirit. It continued to grow - prayer, meditation and repeating mantras did not seem to help. Her heart was almost aching. She wondered what is going on.

Maybe it is because several people who are dear to her are experienceing some serious issues?

Maybe it is because the closing of her city home was approaching?

Maybe it is the continual snow and longing for Spring and her new garden?

Maybe it is because the request list from prospective buyer seemed to grow, some seemed fine, and to her some sounded unreasonable? She considers herself fortunate that all of her many real estate dealings have gone smoothly. This one seemed different. The city home is new, loved, quality, and one very neat woman lived in it.

Over the last week she even began to ask forgiveness for having a judgemental and critical spirit of someone she has not laid eyes on.

Yesterday all came to a conclusion. She refused an offer and guess the one word that was magnified in her mind was she was requested to give warranties.

So, a door closed and home is back on the market. She wonders what wonderful flowers will emerge in that city garden?

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
On a lighter note - my son called me from Thailand - yesterday morning to wish me
Happy Valentine's day.

17 comments:

Cloudhands said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry this opportunity didn't work out. It doesn't sound like the buyers were the right and proper people for the city house. May your heart find comfort in all the areas of concern as each pray finds fulfillment.
I'm pretty sure we all long for that new season and the opportunity to make mud pies and watch the earth stir and blossom.

Beverly said...

Hope you enjoyed the time with your girls. Sorry about the house....I know when that is settled, your heart will have more peace...Til then, continue your breathing stone....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Barbra and Beverly, thank you so much for your welcome comments.
I have 2 more inches of snow.
I think Spring!!!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I am certain that your deep trust in the Spirit will take care of everything. You were listening to your heart, weren't you? All will be well...

On another note, I am noticing that a lot of people I know are feeling particularly unsettled (including me). Not sure why but what I do know is that we can continue to breathe through it with great ease if we stay faithful to our practices. When I neglect those, the unsettledness prevails. I hope you are feeling better today. xo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan, your welcome comment and encouragement - just read.
Thank you....
Yes, my heart speaks to me loud and clear - to listen and obey is the main thing.
Feeling better - just so much we do not know or understand on this journey? One breathe at a time - we need to constantly remember. Again thank you for your online friendship.

Wisewebwoman said...

I love how you describe the little girl sounds, how they so enliven a place, change it, brighten it.
Thanks for that.
And the right buyer is out there for the house.
XO
WWW

mermaid said...

I'm glad you trusted your heart with that almost sale. It seems like the home that you so lovingly cared for should go to the right person. And you will know it, feel it in your bones.

You will.

Tabor said...

I am glad that you have experience with real estate. Some buyers are very pushy and if you feel something is wrong, you should do as you did. I have high hopes as spring arrives that you will get a better resident for the home in the city. Spring is coming...it is!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Wisewoman, Tabor and Mermaid - thank you for the comments that I found this early morning.
They are encourageing. Snow - snow everywhere - another day at home:)

Life Potentials Network said...

Bravo to you for listening to your gut. I know the real estate market is tough but to turn one's beloved home over to someone like this does feel a bit, well, wrong. You will find the right person by following your heart. Well done! xo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Life Potential - thank you for your encouragement. I am so ready for Spring!!!!!! And some Sun.

Darlene said...

I am so sorry, Ernestine.

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine,
I'm sorry about the house, but know that you will sell it in due time.The right buyer is waiting in the wings. Take care, Balisha

Sky said...

sometimes we have no idea that the universe is on our side; we learn about it later. i recall my own house buying experience in atlanta. while looking at a home for sale, i saw the house i loved and wanted a block away, but it was NOT for sale. :( shortly after, i made 2 contract offers back to back on 2 other homes, contracts which did not ultimately work out post inspections. suddenly the house i wanted was on the market. i was the first prospective buyer to see it, and i put a contract on it the same day! a gift from the universe!

i loved that home and was so glad the other offers had not worked out. we still visit our next door neighbor when we return to GA and see the house each time - lovingly visit it across the neighbor's fence!

your perfect sale will happen, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, Balisha and Dear Sky,
Thank you for checking in.

Deborah Carr said...

Ernestine, this past month I have been feeling so many of these feelings...uneasiness, heartache, wanting to be kind and good, yet feeling I'm being taken advantage of. I, too, have been trusting in help and wisdom of my faith.

I'm so glad you followed your heart and remained firm. You have just made room for the "right people" to find your much-loved home - people who will appreciate the care you have shown it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Deborah, thank you. All you say is so true!!!!!!