Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, June 18, 2009

All Is Well

All is well - just busy. The finishing touches on my country home are continuing. Screen to go on screen porch and deck being finished. Screen door onto deck and full glass door to front porch - then touch up. Appliances were delivered today and Saturday morning bright and early 1/3 of what is in the city home will be moved to the country.

Every day my truck is filled to the brim with items I am moving. Wednesday a helper arrived and took a lot of items out of my garden and emptied my garage.

My landscaping looked so beautiful on Tuesday and then a storm came through and my yard is filled with about 3 pick up loads of branches and the top of a "probably 100 foot Poplar tree".
So thankful it fell in the yard and not on my cottage.
Oh I might mention that I still have major "mud". I have a feeling that when the rain stops it will have truly stopped.

So my online friends I just wanted you to know what was happening in One Woman's world.

I plan on spending 3 or 4 nights a week starting Saturday.

I am excited to hear the night sounds and see what there is to see in the black of night and the early dawn. One of my little granddaughters might join me.

I am in the process of taking a number of items from my kitchen. I know (smiling) that there will be times at both homes that I need something and it is at the other home. City home - please sell soon - so One Woman can get on with her life.

Thank you for checking on me.

You are all special to me.

Might mention with all this I had a major problem with my car. It was just returned from the shop. Oh well!!!

One Woman getting ready to make some more memories!!!

12 comments:

Tabor said...

This summer is going to fly by for you. You are soooo busy! Make sure to take some time to pace yourself and take a day off here and there.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you. I need to grocery shop tomorrow to stock some food for the country. After the furniture delivery people leave on Saturday maybe I can collapse for day or two. Have a glass of wine and fall off the deck!!!

Cloudhands said...

This is all so much fun to read about the completing of your new home. Reading takes so little effort on my part compared to all your planning, hard labor and last minute details to be worked out. But, I am enjoying this 'virtual' journey with you.
I'm going to make a note and stick it on the Fridge to lift a glass of homemade wine to you on Saturday evening.

Balisha said...

Glad you posted...we are all so interested and wish you the best of everything in this venture.Sounds like Saturday will be a busy day. Take care ((hugs))
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands and Balisha, thank you for checking in. This is probably my last entry for a while.
No computer in country until final move. Will post when in the city.
I make these moves solo with the help of God. All of my children busy busy with their own lives and this is mama's project. Oh Well!!

Marcie said...

Ernestine, I'm glad to read an update. I am so busy with my summer classes that I am finding very little online time (unless I am looking something up for a class!) I am still thinking of you though, and wishing that your house sells quickly. I can't wait to read your impressions from those first days in the country home.

Sky said...

i have been checking by here and knew how busy you were. i think a day off will be great for you when you get finished with the have-tos on your schedule. wow at the progress you have made. i would be falling in my tracks. you must take some photos for us. i am so happy for you as this dream becomes realized!

Gilly said...

Moving isd a great stress - and you have all the extras! I hope you can take things a bit more easily soon. But I love hearing about it all!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, sweet girl thank you for thinking of me. Sky, thank you for remembering me. Yes, at the moment I feel as though I am about to fall in my tracks. I keep going or I will fall. Too many people out there cheering me on for me to fall. Blessings sent your way.

Nan said...

What an exciting time! I truly think you've found the secret of life in building this cottage. And then the next secret will come in the living, the enjoying, the learning which happens there. Lucky, lucky!! I think I'd have something stronger than wine. I'll stop over with a cosmo for you. :<)

Darlene said...

I'm so happy for you. You are exhausted, obviously, but it's a happy tiredness as you fulfill a dream. Just don't overdo and get sick.trynote

kenju said...

I hope that the move will happen easily and that your home will sell soon.