Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, July 14, 2008

It Rained

A garden that looked like it was ending has come back to life. I wanted to take some pictures this morning. Still learning about the process of posting images. Want to eventually be at the point that I do not have to ask my daughter to help me. I need a new battery but was able to take one picture. Morning started early - as usual. Like 4:30. I am often asked why do you get up so early. I love the mornings. I marvel at one of my neighbors, her lights are on at midnight and car doors slaming at 11:00. At 10:00 in the morning walking around in her yard with her robe on and coffee cup. We sure are at opposite ends of our personal clock.

Before dawn checked emails. I am spending far too much time on the computer since I entered the blogging world. I told myself that today was the day of no computer. Guess I am weak.

I find it is becoming very addictive. I am happy I do not drink or smoke or have any other bad habits lol. Next adventure was to do some ironing. About 30 minutes. I love to iron early in the morning or on rainy days. Back on the computer and I smile at the special letter from my son in Thailand. He is a wonderful writer and I almost feel like I am there with him. I would love to visit but I truly do not think I could stand the length of the flight. Hey I am just getting over this building and moving project and able to drive to my old home place about an hour and half away. That is an accomplishment for me!!!!!!! At the moment.

Daybreak is arriving so Sadie and I head for a walk. I did not feel like walking her but she stands on the screen porch with a tail that will not stop wagging. So I give in to her like I did the computer. Back home and check emails again and have breakfast. I love the smell of coffee but seldom prepare it unless I have guests. I usually drink green tea. For some reason I have been craving coffee lately. So last week I bought some and have enjoyed several cups each morning for the last several days. Wonder what has happened. I truly feel the green tea is better for me. Received several phone calls. Made a trip across the street to pick up 4 dozen ears of corn in my son's freezer. Put it in my new-old freezer. It seems to be running perfect. I do need to have someone replace the insulated tape around the door.

This is the day to watch my granddaughter but Jamie called and said she was working from home today so I would not be babysitting.

My kind of day with my oldest clothes on. They are my favorites. I really look shabby and hope no one stops by. I begin to weed, spread mulch, some special watering and I notice a car stopping in front of the house.

The cousin of some special friends of mine from my old home place. He has been mentioned to me many times "he is such a nice man".

He is recovering from a bad fall and does not look like he did when I saw him months ago. Spent weeks in hospital and a blood clot had formed. It has been shared with me, he plays in a band, a nice man, his wife divorced him and on and on.

I want friends. Someone to occasionally eat lunch with. Talk gardening with and thats about it. Too many in the past I have let take up my time and became emotionally involved with. So it was like a little voice saying to me "do you really want this". My inner voice replies "NO NO NO". As he leaves I smile to myself, the voice continues "there he is if you want a new friend". I do not answer back.

So back to my hoeing. A sandwich soon on the screen porch. Rest some this afternoon and try to stay off the computer. Another Day on My Journey Through This Life.

6 comments:

MsGraysea said...

You are describing a perfect day here....I had one of those on Saturday and it was heaven. Love wearing the old comfy clothes, too!
I, too, only drink green tea....have never had a cup of coffee in my life!
Enjoy!

Samantha said...

I love following you on your journey. I love you so much!

Darlene said...

As usual, you are a busy lady, Ernestine. I was up at 4 am also, but the ironing has been waiting for a week and will probably sit there another week.

The computer seems to have invaded my life to the extent that everything else gets pushed aside.

Getting wonderful letters from Thailand must be so exciting. Jimmy is a good writer.

Marcie said...

I loved reading about your day. Ernestine, after your comment on my post about our exchange student, I went back and read all of your posts. So, I know about your friend Debby. How nice that you had her company while your son was away.

I really enjoyed reading through all of yours posts. You have written and shared such thoughtful, calming thoughts.

L'Adelaide said...

I wandered over from Quiet Country House and enjoyed reading about your day..I spend everyday in my pj's lately so your old clothes seemed perfectly natural!

Loved reading about your days...the computer is invading my days as well and it is addictive....sigh...

Judy said...

Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. Please come back anytime. I think we do have a lot in common. I don't drink coffee unless I have company. I am a morning person. I was outside watering my flowers this morning at 6:30 a.m. Today, I spent with no makeup, old capris, and like you hoping no one shows up!