Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Beautiful Day

Sun is shining, breezy and hopefully many leaves blow away.
30's this early morning
but tired of 80 degrees in November.

Many errands
do not feel like leaving my home
and will make a trip next week.

Turkey is thawing
memories of past dinners.
and some not available at this dinner...

Christmas Cactus's are beginning to bloom on the loft
would love to bring them downstairs
but no room :)
Saturday
continues....

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

SO jealous of your Christmas cactus! I have no luck with them.
Blustery winds, sleet.
Competition on between last leaves of autumn and snow flakes, occasional and large.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Rebecca, thank you
guess I have a green hand :)
These were little ones bought on sale
a number of years ago.
My orchids are starting to bud
and will open in January with beautiful blooms
that last 2 months or more...
Love plants
Thank you for your comment.
A cold night approaching.

Tabor said...

I wonder if I would like to have a cactus like that. Where would I put it when my three citrus trees take so much room. You have a lovely home and I am sure the family that gathers in the coming week will fill that house!

Judy said...

I have no room to put a Christmas cactus and be able to leave it in the same spot all year. I used to have an enormous one, on a stand. It was planted in a small galvanized wash tub. It was 100 years old when I got it and lived for many years.

Wisewebwoman said...

I had a lovely one in Toronto. But alas things don't grow too well in this old drafty house. Love your lovely table and the memories there.
XO
WWW

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Judy, if I did not have this small loft there would be no room here.
I do not want my orchids on a chop block that I want to use
but
it is the only place they will bloom.
It is their home :)

Pienosole said...

LOVE your flowers. I remember my grandmother having Christmas cacti in her house. I haven't been very successful at helping them flourish, but your photos are causing me to reconsider getting a couple... :-)