Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Beauty And Some Special Words

What I view daily as these super hot days continue
Corn will be much higher then this - soon :)  I like the view...
Side garden and the daylillies in back garden by the woods
are beautiful.   Callie does not like staying outside
long with this hot weather.
 
The raccoon trapper arrived a few days ago and captured in
a cage the one that was digging by front of cottage.
Failed to get a picture of him as he appeared each
evening, but my youngest granddaughter's did get to see him.
 
My youngest never fails with her special words.
"grandma, what do you do for fun"
I had to think a minute on how to respond and answered that
I do much for pleasure. "What" she asked and
I replied, "my gardening, reading computer and camera".
That answer seemed to satisfy her :)
So the thought does come to mind and makes me smile
"what do I do for fun?"
 
Gardening in straw bales not successful and I grew weary of watering,
fertilizing and daily cutting off blooms that did not last.
Tomatoes in pots are doing good.
 
Child's vintage table caught my eye at a sale in the local small town.
Marked down 75% and has a home on screen porch...
 
Thank you to all who asked if I was OK.
Yes, just not much new to write about and do
not want to be boring
with sharing same thoughts
and pictures over and over again.
Nice to take a break....

14 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Breaks are nice and needed at times. They give us a fresh perspective.

Everything is looking great and I don't blame your canine friend for wanting to go back indoors where it is comfortable. Summer heat and humidity is the pits.

Love your little colorful table ~ FlowerLady

Lonely Rivers said...

Glad you are back!

Pienosole said...

And nice to have you back :-).

I too really like the colorful little table.

Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Nothing ever boring from this blog!! I think the corn field makes a beautiful back-drop for your yard.

Balisha said...

So glad you have been OK. You are never boring my friend. Love seeing your pictures.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, LR, Judy and Balisha
thank you
as always
for your special words.
Pienosole, I like it and the happy colors for $20

Sallysmom said...

Do you get out and see people and talk? I have found that is one of my short comings since I retired. I don't think I am getting enough "face" time with people; I am spending too much time alone. I think it is not good for us.

Anvilcloud said...

What a spot you have. I like the way you turned 'fun' to 'pleasure'. Very appropriate, I think.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallysmom, a lot to do for this one in her surroundings and stay busy and satisfied - usually out and about 3 times a week. Always
smile at others and usually a few words with someone that is like a gift to me. Life is good at this time and would be bettyer if I just accept it is never going to be like a few years ago :)
Anvilcloud, my response satisfied
this little one and "me too."

Hill Top Post said...

Woodhaven never looked so beautiful...love the gardens, so colorful and meticulously kept. Enjoying the fruits of your labors is great fun, don't you think?!

lil red hen said...

Your gardens are beautiful! So lush and colorful!

Thanks for your comments and I'll be answering soon.

Wisewebwoman said...

I've never been bored since coming to this place of yours. Love the wee table.
Sometimes I run out of ideas, I feel I do, others would differ.
Your garden takes a lot of time.
And outandabouting.

me too.

XO
WWW

Tabor said...

I look at each photo and see how wonderfully inviting your home has become. It just welcomes with so much beauty. You need to think about what made you happy when you were 12,16,20 and 30 and tell your granddaughter that so that she know we all change in what makes us happy as we grow.

Dublincity Counselling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.