Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Perfect Day

A day that the soft rain
never stopped.

A day filled with smiles,
hugs and much love
A day that the mother's heart
is filled with so much
happiness and pride in her children
and grandchildren
 that she can hardly stand it.

How could I out of all the women
in the universe be chosen for
this honor.

There were those that were not at
the big table but in spirit
they were there.  There was a
new young man that joined us
and he was perfect.

Only problem is it seems that
life is going by at an escalated pace.
I am growing old too fast
and do not like that my posture
seems to be failing.

But how can I stay ever youthful
if my children and grandchildren
are going to have their
lives unfold.....

Food was perfect - but
I wished for walks in the woods
and through my growing garden.
But the lush green of the woods
and beauty of all that has been
planted was very evident through
all of the windows and coming down
the long gravel drive.

First Daylilly bloomed....

I could go on and on about each
who were in my cottage this
Mother's day -
will stop as it would fill pages.

My life is good
and no words to express my
thankfulness....

3 comments:

Sky said...

good morning! so glad you had a nice mother's day celebration and your family showered you with love and appreciation. sunshine in seattle for days now! we spent the whole weekend in the gardens. i've been in a lot of pain for a week now, so i was in a chair on the patio, sitting on a garden bench, or hobbling between areas on the arm of my husband while whining aloud with each step. scary when pain is this acute. :(

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, Oh yes, it was a great day. So sorry you are in pain. So thankful you have a caring mate :) Now if I had a cook, help in garden and help with my posture - all would bw fine.
Wishing you a painfree day. Thank you my friend in Seattle for always listening.l

the wild magnolia said...

A marvelous day for you and your family. So happy you were given this gift, but then too, you are a gift to them.

Happy week, happy everything, ((hugs)) & love....ou are a gift to us too.