Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Mexican Feast

New friends and someone that occasionally helps me - are Sheila and Francisco.

A meal is prepared for family and some friends on many a Sunday and twice in the past I have driven 5 minutes away to pick up a plate and return home.

So hot and no appetite and a call was placed this morning "what are you cooking today?"

I almost did not go - the thought I will just make a sandwich. Glad I did not make that decision.

On the table a huge platter of chicken enchiladas, another filled with shredded beef for the tortillas (I made one with homemade guacamole, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Bowls of rice and re fried beans and some sort of a cheese filled pepper that I could not eat as it was too hot for me. Huge container with every kind of fresh fruit.

To top it off a slice of cherry cheesecake and chocolate cake.

Placed carefully in my truck and I headed down the road for home. Sure tasted good with my fruit tea.

One of the many blessings of moving back to the woods!!

9 comments:

mermaid said...

Ooohhh. Yummy! You were a recipient of kindness. I am sure you attracted it:) Hurray. Thanks for sharing this uplifting story.

Jessi Cotterill said...

ooh... I really need to see the pictures...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid, thank you and Jessi, brought the plate home and ate.
It was so nice - in this hot weather I do not feel like cooking for "one".

Tabor said...

Good that you have such a place to stop and get good food.

MsGraysea said...

YUM....I so love Mexican food. How nice that you have that available.
Hope you are getting a bit of coolness, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor and Marcia, thanks for visiting. I can pick up a plate once a month. Do not want to impose on their family time. Might just adopt them:)

Sky said...

lucky you with neighbors like that! yummmmm!

love the tiger lily header on the blog.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I have a really yummy chicken enchilada recipe. You use a rotisserie chicken from the deli so it is not time consuming. LOVE Mexican food. The girls love chips and salsa and chips and queso, just fyi. Maybe you all can go eat a Mexican feast the next time they come up. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

sky and my jamie - thanks for visiting..........