Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, January 5, 2009

Day Continues

Trying to teach my 6 year old granddaughter how to take a picture of grandma. We have taken a dozen. Do not like them. Most too dark. Either the flash is not working properly or grandma's home on this gloomy day is not light enough inside.
One of my words for 2009 is SMILE - I need to smile more.
This made me smile. I ask Caitlin "how do you like the header on Grandma's journal?"
It's good grandma - is that when you were a teenager?"
That is enough to make grandma smile and feel ancient.
Several other remarks - at lunch she told me she had a good friend at school whose name was Caitlin like her. Shared her mother called her CaityBug like I call her. She went on to say that her friend Caitlin had dark hair and brown skin.
Some sharing from a day with Grandma.

4 comments:

lilalia said...

A radiant word, smile. Yes, it fits. I hope you have a romp with it this year.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

lilalia - thank you - yes this day has been filled with smiles.

Lonely Rivers said...

Last night I was at the Sony store looking for a camera. Do you know they have a camera that actually waits for the smile and then clicks? That is amazing!

Liza on Maui said...

Strike a pose - nice one (Good shot Caitlin!)