Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, January 10, 2022

A New Year and An Update on My Mom

 

 

Happy New Year to everyone!


Thanksgiving Visit With My Mom
 

This winter has been a roller coaster for my mom. She has had so many health issues in the past year (including COVID last winter and a mild heart attack)...but always rallied. She is a fighter! I know her body is simply worn out, however.

She celebrated her 87th birthday October 9! She also started doing a Monday prayer group at her nursing home. She felt well enough to go out and get her hair done the Thursday after Christmas but began not feeling well after that and has been slowly declining. She is having difficulty swallowing and speaking. 

While she has been on hospice since last year they have primarily been checking in on her occasionally but they are now seeing her frequently. I saw her this morning and she is responsive so that is good. She knew I was there!

Some good things ...she was very coherent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and saw family. She also met her newest great grandson (my nephew Gavin's little boy) this fall. My brother was also here for nearly 4 months and was able to get her out for outings. She continued to love getting her hair done, going out to lunch and shopping at her favorite thrift store here in Nashville and TJ Maxx.

Please send her all your good energy and prayers for comfort. She asked me before Christmas if I had updated her blog and I told her I would. She loves all of you in her online community so much.

Thank you.

Jamie, Ernestine's youngest daughter


6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thank you SO much for the update....and for being an attending daughter. She IS a determined woman ❤️🙏❤️

lil red hen said...

So good to have the update!
Tell her we all love her so much!
Charlotte

kerrdelune said...

Thank you for the update, Jamie. Please give your mother my love, and tell her she is in my prayers.

Tabor said...

I remember her first posts and how thrilled I was with her energy and determination and her ability to maneuver that truck. I miss her posts greatly.

Wisewebwoman said...

Thanks so much for the update Jamie, she had been on my mind. I am so glad she is still with you and fighting the fight although it has been so hard on her with her health challanges.

Give her my love all the way from Newfoundland.

XO
WWW

Mitzi said...

So happy for the update on your Mom.I have always loved reading her blog. She is an inspiration!