Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Quiet

A good Thanksgiving dinner and visit with local family.  Oh, my granddaughters have grown so and it seems like yesterday they visited me so often and so entertaining,

Quiet, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

So no leftovers and tired of them anyway
so what to eat.   I made potato soup beginning with chopped carrots, onions, celery and a few butternut squash pieces,    Was so good, simple and easy to cook.   Covered it with grated cheese

Just finished an order from Amazon
for Himalayan salt, I use and suppose to be full of extra benefits and need all available to this one,

I copied an easy recipe for a Pumpkin Souffle.

If it turns out well
will share.

Do not like the fact that Christmas music was playing during Thanksgiving.

Soup finished, have enough for a bowl this evening,  dishes done and now time to read the New York Times.

Best Wishes to Everyone.

An addition

rarely eat cereal but spotted the other day
a lot of nutrition and I let it soften in milk
before I tried.
I usually cook an egg & toast or waffle with banana

6 comments:

Tabor said...

There is a study that says repetitive Christmas music is stressful to store workers and to shoppers. I agree! I stay home mostly these days anyway and am glad that I can.

Nan said...

I use HImalayan salt, too! Because it doesn't have iodine, I use iodized salt in my homemade bread and tomato sauce, and anything I am baking or cooking, but when anything is on the plate, that's when I use the pink salt. It has a flavor all it's own, so not only does it salt my food but it tastes good too.

Tabor said...

I forgot to add that I really like the way you are willing to try new food products! You do eat healthier than most, and I hope you realize that.

Judy said...

I have a Himalayan Salt lamp. I love it.
I didn't know you could eat the salt.
I would prefer if Christmas music didn't start until the 20th.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, doing all I know to do. Nothing seems to help Shingles or Arthritis or maybe I am
expecting to much at this stage of life ")

Wisewebwoman said...

Belated thanksgiving wishes my friend.

I'm so far into quiet now I despise the intrusive music everywhere I go. It is assault of the senses.

XO
WWW