Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pate

I keep have thoughts of making
Julia Child's Pate.
I like liver and have not had in ages and
very good for you,

Noticed 4 small cans of Pate and Rilletts from France
on Amazon, excellent price and excellent reviews.

They arrived so quickly
and sampled part of one small can at lunch today with crackers,
so very good.

So an easy snack along with cheese
and this would make an excellent gift.

So nice, 70 degrees, some cleaning in garden
and do not like
the yearly wild onions and chickweed
that seems to multiply every year.

I just take the hoe and dig up in flower beds
the rest can stay where they are...

Mind tells me
keep going
but the body is saying
time to stop...

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Probably very wise to listen to your body :) 70 degrees sounds very, VERY good...

Tabor said...

Yes, i have no energy for the yard now as I nurse this cold. I am well enough to go outside, but not doing this, as I have no energy and now that once I heal it will be better.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, please get over this quickly. Colds are no fun.
Rebecca, yes trying to be wise :)

Judy said...

So hard when the weather gets nice and we won't to do it all in one day!! We are to reach 60 degrees tomorrow. I will be out, picking up sticks, but no uncovering gardens just yet. We may still have a heavy snow.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wisewebwoman said...

I buy liverwurst periodically which is a good substitute and cheaper.

Listen to your own body. We just had a few inches of snow dropped on us, this winter is endless.

I need to see pics of your garden to cheer me up :)

XO
WWW

Sky said...

In the future, you might like this sampler, from a NY deli who also sells some products online:

Schaller & Weber Pate Sampler

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you so very much for the website...



























Sky, thank you so very much for this information.
WWW, just bare earth at the moment.
Judy, :)