Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, July 27, 2013

She Is Good

Much needed inside help arrived early this morning.

50 year old  plus crewel covered  quality chairs need reupholstering
and I am not going to do it.   I remember a person who did this type
of work who looked at these chairs several years ago
made the comment
"I would never cover these chairs - difficult to find fabric like this anymore."

Yesterday 2 twin size sage green sheets were purchased.

I asked "Wana" if she would cover the chairs the best she could.
She is a young Mexican woman (30 years old) that lives and works at a nearby
orchard.

Oh my
I was pleased, better then slipcovers is my opinion and fine for
this country cottage.

I like the feel of them when I sit on them instead of the wool crewel covering.


I do not like help inside our outside.
Always so fussy

Looks like at the moment have no choice
about occasional help....

7 comments:

lil red hen said...

The chairs look nice and I imagine they are cooler to sit in now.

I always thought, if I had a maid, I'd probably clean before she came. :) I wonder sometimes what will happen around here when I no longer can do what needs doing. My girls are all so busy.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I use sheets as slip covers too. Cheaper and easier to take care of, just throw them in the washer and I hang them out to dry.

Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

Judy said...

I like how she fitted them around the arms--clever idea.

mel said...

Looks very comfortable. Perfect for sitting and reading.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Mel :)

Balisha said...

We had what I call fireplace chairs. They were of the wing back variety. My mom and my aunt had a drapery and upholstery business years ago. The chairs that we had were very old and had the crewel designed fabric. I can remember my mom redoing these chairs so often. She never took the old covering off, but with pins and needles and stitches she fashioned new slipcovers. Tucking in here and there for a tight fit.

Your covering serves it's purpose and I would imagine feels very comfortable in the hot weather. Very nice. Love that little pillow with the crewel design.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, that is the same design as
the chairs :) have a good rest of the day - so nice and cool today.