Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Winner Is


When my grandson was very young - I was amazed at his knowledge of football. Grandma is totally unknowledgable of this game and most sports.

He knew all the teams, players and all that was going on as he watched these games. Through the years the thought has always been in my mind that he would have a future in something to do with sports. He is a terrific snow skier, football and soccer in high school, now plays lacrosse at the nearby university.

My daughter who lives in Tampa called and I could hear the laughter in her voice and feel her joy as she shared Gavin's latest adventure.

Seems a flyer was out that the Best Buy store in Tampa was having some kind of sports contest pertaining to Madden Games. Anyway, he was there at the time specified among the many contestants and was a part of the fun. "He Won" an assortment of gifts - gift certificate to store, T shirt, and DVD Madden game. I may have not described this accurately - as I am not familiar with this world - but you get the idea and I think there was some other prize.

This special grandson will leave next week for a 4 month term in Copenhagen, Denmark. I am looking forward to learning more about this country "I keep repeating this " time is going by so fast." Soon I will have another loved one far over the water.

"Gavin keep in touch with grandma - she does not venture far from the wood."

So there are those outside of my family who read my personal diary that I write online and have younger children and grandchildren - enjoy them - for before you know it - much will be a memory.

5 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

beautiful!! one day I'll visit you in the woods. :D :D :D

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jess, you are Welcome any time

Tabor said...

This sentiment is so true. When you love your life and your family every precious minute is savored.

Beverly said...

I do that as often as I can....I know you are proud of him and his trip will be a wonderful experience.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I can't wait to hear about his trip. It's hard to believe he is in college!!! Time does go by so quickly.

Love you.