Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, August 30, 2010

Special Sign

A friend came to visit this morning. We shared and covered many subjects. We had fruit tea and deserts that I had on hand.

She brought me something special - maps on Thailand, Asia and Malaysia. These will help me follow my son on his activities in these areas that are so very unfamiliar to his mom.

Also sharing her book by Sylvia Boorstein "Pay Attention, For Goodness Sake."

This time made me so aware that there is just no one else near where I live that is interested in many of the things that I am. I am very thankful for this special time and her friendship is like an unexpected gift to me.

As she was leaving and looking at my garden - a butterfly landed on her shoulder. I did not have my camera and it would have been great to capture this image.

I wonder if this had a special meaning? I choose to believe that it was a good luck omen.


It is not necessary that you leave the house. Remain at your table and listen. Do not even listen, only wait. Do not even wait, be wholly still and alone. The world will present itself to you for its unmasking, it can do no other, in ecstasy it will writher at your feet.

Franz Kafka

5 comments:

Darlene said...

I don't live in the country, but there are no friends close that share my views so I am as isolated as you are. It makes a wonderful visit like you had all the more special.

Beverly said...

Sounds like a pleasant day for you and your friend. I really liked the quote at the end of your post. I will remember it and try to do as it says....

Jessi Cotterill said...

Hello Ern! I can't believe that my comment on your last post has lost!! I wrote quite long thanking you to put my name on the title and for taking the pictures for me. Oh well...anyway, thank you so much for the picture and I wish I could share some with you. I think it's all gone by now.

A butterfly on one's shoulder must be really good luck or it shows that your friend is a very kind and generous person that even small creature like a butterfly could feel it and wanted to touch her.

I hope you can find where your son live on the map and where I live on the map. I live in Chumphon (not sure how they spell on the map) lower from Bangkok.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, this is encouraging to me. Sometimes I think I am the only one like this. But online friends are so special and we find those we can share with. Wish I could gather all of you together.
Beverly, thanks for dropping in.
Jessi - guess like the other mail - it gets lost. Just wanted to make sure you saw the picture that I took for you.
Have a good day. I do not understand these maps. Forwarded your note to my son.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.