Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Energy, Oat Bran Muffins and Time

The energy level after my rain dance on Saturday morning - lasted until lunch time.

The sun was shining, I gardened and it was downhill from then on.

Today is Sunday and it rained again a lot during the night. The wet garden and grass kept me inside most of the day. Did not feel very energetic.

Have to have something sweet in the house to eat so early this morning made these special muffins. I shared the recipe in March. I always make 1/2 that that gives me 18 small or 1 dozen large muffins.

They are so easy and healthy mixed with a wooden spoon. Also just happened to have a couple of apples on hand.

A neighbor who bought a home on my adjoining property that I designed, built and sold a number of years ago shares the New York Times and Newsweek with me each week.

In the back of the July 26th Newsweek it stated (among other things)

Time Spent Online - year 2000 2.7 hours/wk
year 2010 18 hrs/wk

Daily E-Mails - year 2000 12 Billion
year 2010 247 Billion
I began to estimate how much time this One Woman who is relatively new in the computer world spends Online.

At least 2 or 3 hours a day - so - I guess that is the reason my day goes by quickly and I have much paperwork on my desk and a lot of other things that are my list of things to do. This is not accounting for the time she walks around with her camera handy and downloads pictures.

Always a very organized person and now it seems "I am not". But then I am not what I use to be and I really like myself better:). Also I sure am not bored!!!

12 comments:

Tabor said...

Organization has its place...but that is not always at home.

Anonymous said...

I used to be very organized, too. Not anymore and I like it that way. Your muffins look wonderful. I spend too much time online but like you I enjoy it. Have a good week.

lilalia said...

My life's motto is lower your standards when it comes to order and control. The chance to walk out your door and do some gardening or make some fine muffins instead of polishing the dining room table is a good chance to grab. Glad to hear you like yourself more today than you did yesterday.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Judy and lilalia, thank you for visiting - you are all right on target. Guess I have been use to doing it all. I no longer can and the dusting has to go:)

mermaid said...

I'm glad you are filling your time with things that nurture you. Organized or not, you sound happy.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid, thank you for visiting.
There are some things missing in my life but it is up to the universe to send them. Yes, every day is full and if you are not happy at 3 score and 10 - that would be very sad...

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Sending love and sunshine. xo

Barbara Blundell said...

The oat bran muffins look delicious ! Would love to make some Please could you direct me to the recipe ?. I've looked in the March posts but cannot find it !

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan and from another land, thanks for visiting. Practice what you preach - I am thinking - do you mean mindfulness - I am still learning.
Barbara - will send you the entry.

Lynda said...

I cannot find your oar bran muffin recipe, they look wonderful, please send me in a right direction

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynda - This recipe was posted on 3/22/10 - titled "Pancakes and Oat Bran Muffins". I was not able to pull up an email address for you or would have forewarded the entry. Thanks for visiting.

Lynda said...

Sorry to be such a bother about your oat bran muffins but there does not appear to have a 3/22/10 posting. Perhaps I am just malfunctioning this week!