Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Youngest Is A Sunday's Child



Your Mom's first garden when we moved to the country. Had to comment - I have never been able to grow to compare since then!!!

You were born at 3:00 pm on a Sunday afternoon and weighed in at 6 lb 1 oz - you were 3 weeks early. A little over 5 lbs when I brought you home.

A friend did some painting and I had a painting of a little girl made with the verse....

Sunday's child is full of grace,
Sunday's child is fair of face,
Sunday's child is gentle and kind

It hung on the wall in your room for many years.
It now hangs in your youngest daughter and my youngest granddaughter's room.

Guess that about covers it.........

Happy Birthday
There are no words to describe my love for you and how proud I am of you.
Love, Mama

10 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

Very beautiful pictures and they tell a lot of memories. The cabbage(?) is amazing!! Thanks for sharing them on this beautiful day.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jessi, yes - a lot of memories and it is making me cry. Time going by too quickly for this lady.
I can hardly believe the cabbage.
Pleased I took a picture and scanned it :) Hot hot hot here in Tennessee at the edge of Kentucky.
I have watered plants and will do housework "inside" today. I like to do everything but - dust!!

Balisha said...

Sweet pictures...sweet memories. Enjoy your day.
Balisha

Beverly said...

So sweet....Happy Birthday to your baby!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Thank you for my very special birthday wishes. I love you...you make me cry, but in a good way because I know I am very loved by my mama!

XOXO

p.s. looking forward to lunch on Friday :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Beverly and My Jamie - thanks visiting on the heat index of 105 noontime.

MsGraysea said...

Lovely pictures. congratulations to you both. Such a nice family. Talented gardener...those cabbages are impressive.
I loved that picture of Callie on the table the other day. So funny. She has made your home hers, that is for sure.

kenju said...

She's beautiful!! Happy Birthday!

Deborah Carr said...

She is all of this and more. What a lovely girl you brought into this world. No wonder she was so anxious to be a part of your life.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, Kenju and Deborah, thank you....