Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Morning


Clothes on the line this early morning, cleaned some on my garden and the day is progressing to fast.

Turkeys are coming out of the woods and headed for the corn field. I counted 20 but could not get them all in my picture. The first quails crossing my gravel drive were spotted yesterday. Some leaves are beginning to fall in the woods and making me have thoughts of Fall.

So - my children and grandchildren this is the news from Woodhaven.
Be Happy, Healthy, Safe and at Peace

8 comments:

Darlene said...

You are so ambitious you put me to shame.

I counted 11 turkeys if you count the head of the one in the lower right hand corner of your photo. You did a good job.

Balisha said...

I love the picture of the sheets on the line...a simple country pleasure...Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, I am a morning person :)
Balisha, One of the advantages of no neighbors - hanging clothes on the line - and I find pleasure doing this.

Anonymous said...

I can smell those sheets! I just love the smell of sheets that have been dried on a line. Turkeys, especially wild ones, fascinate me. I remember seeing a bunch in a field one time and it was about to storm. Every time it thundered they all clucked. It was hilarious. Thanks so much for voting for my grandson.

Beverly said...

are those turkeys gonna eat that corn? me sounding like the little girl who asked are you gonna eat that pickle....
Your grass is beautiful..

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, I am right there with you - love the smell of sheets after they have hung outside in the sunshine.
Beverly, yes they are eating the corn - being back by the woods and shady - the grass has stayed green. Not on the road or in town the grass looks like it is burnt.
From another land - wish I knew what you were saying - but thanks for visiting.

Jessi Cotterill said...

Your house is so amazing! with all the corns, giant trees, and of course the turkeys. We don't have turkeys here, but lots of chickens. :D :D

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jessi, I really am amazed at how my surroundings look when I take an image of them. The colors are so vivid and I do not see all the work I have to do with my naked eye.
I look out this morning and see much weeding, watering and a lot of outside work I need to do. Another very hot day in the woods.
Thank you - dear girl :)