Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 27, 2010

Thankful Continued

Not to good of a night. I ache all over. I am fine but realize how close I came to not being so fine. Thoughts of how easily an accident can happen - how I love this home and all that I am doing. Thoughts of how old chronologically I am when in reality I think of myself much younger and basically am doing most of what I did 20 years ago. So many thoughts - but then it comes down to mindfulness and being slower.
Seems I have always done things quickly. I need to slow down. I know what to do and now I need to do it.

Finally dawned on me what happened. How stupid of me. I was working on what you would call a small hill - going the wrong way - facing down. I should have been coming up the hill with my planting. So when I tumbled over and tried to catch myself with the hands - they were facing down and I fell on my face.

Right cheekbone and by eye is very swollen and bright red. Guess in the next few days I will have a black eye.

I always keep my cell phone in my pocket but really for a minute or so was stunned and could not think. I have someone who calls daily and usually hear from one of my children each day.


It is so much easier for me to write this online for my children and grandchildren to read then to call and answer phone calls. So - a lot in my daily life is going out over the world.

10 comments:

Tabor said...

Enjoy the morning with a cup of tea and be thankful nothing is broken. Get out those big sunglasses to hide the black eye ;-)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You are right on target. Your comments and online friendship is very special to me. You have a good day. Beautiful and cool in my area.

Deborah Carr said...

I'm so glad your fall resulted only in bruises (bad as they may be).

Odd...in recent weeks I have been learning lessons about how things can change in an instant. (I have bruises and a skinned knee like a 10 yr old)

I hope you heal quickly...but I expect you'll be sore for awhile. It usually takes the pain a day or so to settle in.

MsGraysea said...

Soothing healing thoughts to you, my friend. The first few days after a fall always leave one with that jarred feeling. Hope it will fade quickly. I love that you have Callie in the house with you.
Your photos are so lovely, and I'm happy that you are now enjoying that beautiful weather. It is so lovely to have the windows open and cool nights to sleep.

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine...So glad that you weren't hurt badly. I think that you may have done a service to many of us yesterday. Reading about your experience, made many of us think about our own safety.Not just the people who comment, but many who just read. Have a restful day today. Balisha

Beverly said...

So sorry you took a fall. It can happen so fast.
Hope your soreness eases soon. I know now that the weather is better, take a moment to think about what you are about to do before you do it. This from one who falls so much people kid me about it at work!

Listen to your body and your friends.... :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to know that you are o.k. even though your pride is hurt and you have bruises. Makes me stop and think, too. I never take the cell phone outside with me and I sure do need to start doing that. I hope you can enjoy your weekend and this beautiful weather and am thinking of you. Take care.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Deborah, Marcia, Balisha, Judy and Beverly, thank you so much for visiting. If I have alerted others then I am thankful.

sally said...

Oh my, there are so many things to be grateful for in this situation. I am grateful for your slight bruises also! I so look forward to reading your blog, and your spirit comes through so strong, even if a tad bruised today.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sally, thank you for visiting me and your kind words.