Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 20, 2010

Plans For Today

5:00 am let Callie out - prayer/meditate - check computer

6:00 - 7:00 - tidy home, yoga, water plants on screen porch - it is delightful at 67 degrees

7:00 - 8:00 teapot on - more computer - breakfast - pick basil and dry some and put some in the freezer. Pick the small cherry tomatoes.

8:00 and on - help and I - lay out larger terrace area in front, more woods dirt in small garden area - hang bamboo shades on screen porch - hang one shade on loft where hot sun shines in all afternoon - cut grass as soon as it is dry - answer several phone calls that come in - pick up mail
check computer - will walk and clean the path in the woods. Between breakfast and lunch usually drink an Ensure - for energy and nutrition.

Lunch - tuna or egg salad sandwich, chips, fruit tea - coke float :) - evening stir fry or last of squash, green beans and a piece of salmon from the freezer

3:00 - done for day - hopefully. I am tired and will check computer and read - bring Miss Callie in at dusk.

6 comments:

Tabor said...

Your day is darn busy! Good thing you retired.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Is this retirement? Wondering what to do? Hopefully I can soon retire smiling - checked computer when I came in for water !!
Tabor - I am still trying to figure out - why - if I moved here for quiet time that it has not come as of yet. When I get everything done - then I can have quiet time.

Darlene said...

You are so organized and efficient. I have a project for each day, but not a schedule and sometimes the project gets put off. I don't want to be disciplined.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, this was just a list I made before turning off computer.
Guess my wish list for the day.
Most accomplished. I may not be efficient - at the moment I feel I did too much - very tired.

Sky said...

I have a feeling you secretly like a very busy schedule and that you will NEVER be retired! Maybe the quiet time you envisioned was late at night! LOL

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, I have always stayed busy.
Guess it is a different kind of busy here in the woods. My project list is almost wiped out.
Part of my busyness is due to not living in this home - quite a year.
But you have me figured out - lol
Have a great day - family visiting the woods today!!
From another land -wish I could read your comment.