Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Never Stops And Surprise

Somewhere in my younger days - I had the thought that once my children were grown and married that depths of my concern and worry would be lightened. There was a time in that beginning that I forgot about grandchildren. So the fact with this One Woman is it stays the same and even seems to penetrate the heart deeper or it is just because I am older. Have not figured that out at the moment.

At this moment on my mind - little one who stuck a Q-tip in her ear and punctured her ear drum. Grandma sends healing and "never stick anything in your ear, eye or nose" thoughts.

One so gifted and is going forward with education. Wants to be in an apartment with others in the very big city. Cost is astronomical and at the moment finds the dorm room that is available out of the question. Grandma sends good luck and a bouquet of wisdom to you.

A special friendship is developing with another beautiful young woman "always a child in my eyes but this is not reality". So a bouquet of smiles, best wishes, wisdom and go slowly is being sent to you this early morning.

One is far over the ocean in a new land and hugs, safety and a glorious experience wishes are sent to you.
One planning many miles of traveling by train through a land that mom will only experience through your eyes - pleasure and safety wishes sent you.

To my children and to their mates there are bouquets of health, blessings and wisdom sent your way concerning each of you, your children, business, your career, chosen path in another land, special ones to cross your path, and a part of that bouquet is my encouragement and love.
The thoughts could go on and on - but I had better stop so my day can really begin on this wonderfully cool morning.

One Woman, I am surprised at you. You have always had dogs in the country. One time you had 4. Two you adopted and saved, one you made the remark "if he will jump in the back of my truck I will take him home." The tail gate was put down and the old Beagle jumped in. The 4th dog was one that my son-in-law brought to me. He had beautiful blue eyes and I called him - Blue.

You never let them in the house. They stayed outside, in the drive (waiting to frighten visitors) on the porch, doghouse or under the deck.

So - why are you letting Miss Callie in the house?

11 comments:

Tabor said...

You are a different One Women. No distractions from others and no one else to pick up after. Callie fills that need.

Sky said...

Because you realize there are more important things in life than a spotless clean floor 24/7! And, I for one am happy you do! :)) Looks to me like you and Callie are great friends - ain't love grand?

Your wishes to the kids are so touching. They are lucky to be loved unconditionally. :)

Barbara Blundell said...

Because she is appealing and absolutely adorable !

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Sky and Barbara, thanks for visiting me - this somewhat cooler day...

Beverly said...

So funny....that Miss Callie is the smart one...She knew your sweet spot!

It is so true that you never get your children "grown enough" that we can be totally carefree....They are always in the back of our mind, and the middle of our heart!

Jessi Cotterill said...

This is a sweet post. Ms.Callie is a sweet one and I'd let her in the house, beside my bed too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, you are so right about our children. They are wrapped around our hearts.
Sweet Jessi, thank you and yes Miss Callie is special.

marciamayo said...

This was so beautifully written and it made me feel better about all my worrying about my grown children and their kids (my beloved grandchildren).

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

marcia, thank you for visiting.
Yes, our worry and concern never ends. Years ago - for some reason I thought it would not be like it is :)

Freda said...

I bet you talk to Miss Callie a lot too! Every Blessing

Darlene said...

It must be those big brown eyes that melted your heart and allowed you to let Miss Callie inside.