Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Yesterday Morning Followed My Heart

Early morning
2 loads of wash,
breakfast and
planned on going to market,
 but instead picked up hoe
I thought for 15 minutes.
 1 and 1/2 hours later
sun shining, slight breeze,
hoeing weeds and I notice many
plants have increased in size.
I may have lost my Larkspur, love this plant
 bought two large in containers at Lowe's last summer,
put stakes by them so I would know where are and no sign of life.
No sign of life in what was a bed of Chives near some herbs.

Cosmos are finally surfacing and wonder about the poppy seeds
that Charlotte sent me last fall.   Spider Lilies surface end of May
so maybe a lot more to arise out of the soil.
Clematis, Bleeding Heart and the Wild Phlox I dug up in the woods are blooming.

Look at the buds on Iris and Peonies
and Hosta's moved from city home
are huge.

Time to go pick up the mail, then lunch on the sunny deck with vegetable soup I made,
sliced avocado, cheese and crackers and the last wedge of Rum cake out of freezer.

Guess busy part of day ended for this one
and need to bake again soon.

When you stay busy with projects
the mind is not so active.....



10 comments:

Tabor said...

I am sick about missing the best of my peonies as I will be on travel, but that is the way it is! My larkspurs are an annual and must be replanted every year.

Sallysmom said...

I have a problem with an overactive mind. Often I wake at 3am. Just can't get out of bed, but oh how my minds whirls with thoughts. Wish I knew how to stop it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, did not know about the Larkspur - thank you - wish I loved to travel, dream of it
but heart is at home :)
Sallysmom, a lifetime of working on this - getting better..

lil red hen said...

Oh you're so busy! It is easy to get involved in garden work and the time just slips away. Irises are blooming here. They are such grand flowers. I planted lily bulbs and only one has come up; makes it rather expensive. The poppy seeds are fussy little things so don't be surprised if they don't come up. You might mistake them for grass too. Have a good day!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, thank you for telling me about the poppies.
I am not planting anything else.
Weeding is constantly going on
at this time.

Wisewebwoman said...

Love your garden, or spring is so much later, maybe June. Short fast fierce growing season then.
Work of any kind unslumps me, there is too much sadness in my life right now, I am so very glad I don't have the time to brood about it :)

XO
WWW

Sharon said...

You have so much wonder in your life this spring ~ thank you for sharing your family photos and early garden with us.

Marcie said...

You spent the day in one of the most beautiful past times. Love the peace of working in the garden. Can't wait to see photos of the iris and peony in bloom!

lejmom said...

Love your writings...check your blog each day for new thoughts. Thank you for being there...

nancy at good food matters said...

Hi Ernestine, This spring has truly been beautiful. My peonies are ready to blossom too. It is so good to get out of your mind and focus on the moment. Garden work is a certain way to accomplish that. Enjoy these warm days.