Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Schedule

Rum cake just finished (want my son to try it)
Cranberry, Blueberry cake is in the freezer
Friday, Lemon ice box pie  - my 2 little ones favorite.
I asked if he would like me to make a chocolate cake or his favorite banana pudding
answer - mom that is enough sweets :)
Quick trip to orthopedic doctor for cortisone shots in shoulders.
Son arriving and will be eating lunch with a friend since it is his Birthday.
I will make stir fry for him that evening.
Saturday, make tea, oriental salad, stuffed eggs and need to pick up apple juice for little girls.
and pick up 2 rotisserie chickens from deli and fresh rolls ( in the past always my fresh corn bread)
Have never done this before.
In past years there would be fruit bowl, cheese tray and platter with radishes, green onions, and jellow salad, stuffed celery - and may not do.
Sunday, ham baking and fresh corn and green beans out of freezer.
Would love to prepare fresh asparagus or brussel sprouts
but beginning to feel tired.
A meal prepared like most in the past
but did not make potato salad...
Received call 3 more are visiting.
Another first as I have always enjoyed setting a beautiful table
there will be a counter full of paper plates, napkins, cuttlery, ice bucket
Weather predicted
beautiful.   Most will head for deck or screen porch...

Daughter from Tampa going to my granddaughter's in New York
and shared she is sending me something beautiful
wonder what it is :)

This is sitting on my desk - I read often as so aware my son over many miles of water.

7 comments:

nancy at good food matters said...

so much cooking already, Ernestine! Enjoy your time with your family. It will be lovely on your deck or screen porch.

beautiful Rumi meditation...

Mitzi said...

I am so excited for you! It is fine to amend the old menus-it leaves more time for quality enjoyment of your family. Years from now they won't remember what they had to eat, they will remember the happy time of being together. Enjoy and have a Blessed Easter.

Sallysmom said...

I need to memorize that quote. I wake up at 3 in the morning and can't go back to sleep. I could repeat that over and over to myself.

Barb said...

The Rumi quote is one I must keep in my mind! Enjoy your time with family (and that would include not having a lot of dishes to wash up after eating!).

Sandra said...

I like that Rumi quotation.
Have fun with your family and let them help you too! Having guests takes a lot of energy!
Happy Easter too!

Anvilcloud said...

Hmmm ... cortisone in shoulders. Never thought of that. Stupid body of mine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Nancy, simple cooking :) Mitz,
Sallysmom, Barb and Sandra - like his quotes. Need to put on nightstand by bed :)
Anvilcloud, do not like doing this but with so much family arriving and a lot of pain - it will help - had it done last August...