Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lilly In The Valley, Morning Thoughts and Reading

Lilly of the Valley
I gave some to my Jamie (doing much better in her sunny yard then here by the woods)
passed on to me from my mother
and was in my grandmother's garden
her great grandmother.

As I use the mat a short time this early morning
I hear his voice
keep your feet straight    (problem as I fractured ankle 12 years ago and never went to doctor)
relax your shoulders                             
relax your chin
your whole body
no thoughts
using the strap will make it easier for some poses.


Try to not start your early morning with so much busyness
instead of immediately going on computer
try later in the day.....my answer "I write best at dawn and before:)
but will try.
do everything slower
 from 3:00 on try to relax and read until your early bedtime.

I am so aware of what I do
and trying to do it a little differently.

So much rain and may be wishing for it in weeks to come
but then who knows what the weather will be like this summer.
Yesterday late when rain stopped for 15 minutes I filled a bucket and spread fertilizer on special plants and some grass seed in bare spots.
  Bucket in one hand and cane in the other.
Continually bending over and pulling weeds.
I will not stop doing what I love doing
 but doing less and slower.


Reading on these long rainy days.

"The Signature of All Things"     by Elizabeth Gilbert


11 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I need to listen to you more :)

Goodonya for the yoga.

I love lily of the valley, had a perfume "L'Aimant" by Coty which was pure lily of the valley when I was 16-17.

I think if I had a grave I'd have pinstripes of lily of the valley and forget me nots on it.

XO
WWW

Sandra said...

Lily of the Valley is one of my favourite flowers for I was born in May and I always use a Lily of the Valley soap throughout the month!
I have a very small bottle of Diorissimo perfume which is based on this sweet flower!

I think that Wisewebwoman's idea of a grave covered in Lily of the Valley and Forget-me-Nots is the loveliest idea!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You are doing great dear Ernestine. You inspire me.

Hope today is a very good one for you.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Marcie said...

With a busy week in progress, it is a blessing to come here and read your tranquil, balanced thoughts. I love the yoga photo. I have gotten a little off my yoga-each-morning routine. I need to "reboot" and begin again.

Sallysmom said...

Wow! I admire your pose. You look so steady. Maybe I should look on youtube and see if I can find some simple yoga to do.

Judy said...

Oh my gosh! Standing on one leg? Balancing so nicely? I must try this. I love Lily of the Valley--especially their scent!

Tabor said...

My Lily of the Valley is creeping out of the bed wall and heading everywhere. Love your pose and while I can do that a short time, I cannot get my foot that high!! I worry about you not being on a soft mat. I do think writing on the computer is not busyness in the morning if it comes from your heart. I ordered one of those DVDs you listen to and love it! I also am reading that same book. Not sure where it is taking me and I am 3/4 done!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, my image was taken at the city house 5 years ago :granddaughter took it - so not doing a sesssion - just wanted an image :)
Now I have to hold onto the post
at bottom of my stairs - can no longer do like in the past.
The book
just something read that is keeping my interest. Do not read books like this often but saw good reviews.
WWW, Sandra, Asling, Lorraine

Pienosole said...

Wishing you a beautiful day :-).

Friko said...

All of us for whom life is drawing to a close should do what you do; a peaceful mind and a calm outlook make the last decade into a pleasure. I will remember your words when I feel driven to ‘perform’.

My best wishes for a weekend of joy, lily of the valley scenting it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole and Friko,
thank you for visiting...