Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Invocation to the Guardian

I read this poem a few years ago
and copied it.
It speaks to me in a special way
especially as time goes by....

Invocation to the Guardian

You who were with me before I was born,
dark shining on dark,
be with me now.
You who will stay with me after I die,
light traveling on light,
Be with me now.

You who are nameless
in the marketplace of of ten thousand things,
how shall I call you?
You who are invisible between the stars,
how shall I see you?

You who nurture me with silent wisdom,
speak to me now.
I am listening beyond the sounds of the night,
I am looking beyond the sights of day.
You who fill the infinite void,
travel small on my shoulder now,
show me the way.

"Doors to the Universe" by Dolores Stewart
shared with her permission.
www.doloresstewartriccio.com

8 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

What comfort you offer me today.

Beautiful words.

XO
WWW

Tabor said...

tremendously powerful words!

Sky said...

hope you are enjoying every moment with your son! thanks for posting this. it is so satisfying to be introduced to new words of wisdom and inspiration.

Judy said...

So glad you are spending time with your son. Of course we still think of them as our babies--even when they are grown! Such beautiful words in that poem.

Sandra said...

Poetry can do us so much good, can't it? I admire the gift of poets who touch others with words in such a beautiful and expressive way.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, Tabor, Sky, Judy and Sandra,
thanks to each of you for checking in with your special words...

Pienosole said...

Thank you for sharing. Wishing you a beautiful day.

Lonely Rivers said...

Lovely!